Sunday 22nd April Northern Muppets Meet

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Re: Sunday 22nd April Northern Muppets Meet

Post by Gerard C »

Because we don't know how many are going to turn up or want to go on a bit of a a ride it might be a good idea to give the Riding In A Group post a look. If theres a few on the ride out then we will probably use the point system. Second man stops on the corner SOMEWHERE SAFE in sight of the following riders to guide them as to direction. They rejoin just in front of the last Man in the group. In other words front man and back marker stay in place the rest of us move up a place. If you have not done this before it works brilliantly. Takes a lot of stress out of the ride. Sylvar knows the area so he could lead.

ady
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 ex K7

Post by ady »

Gerard C wrote:Proposed meeting up at the Penny Garth Cafe, Market Place, Hawes DL8 3RD. I think 11.00 should do it to gather up. Its conveniently situated on the A684. Well according to their Website http://www.pennygarthcafe.co.uk anyway.

I am setting off from Junction 39 M1 at 9.15. If anybody from South / West Yorks wants to ride up together.

Thats about it. Showers won't cancel it but if its forecast to p*ss it down all day it will.

If anyone else can suggest a better meeting place or time or anything come forward and say now please. This is my first effort so help appreciated.

I am riding a Grey Burgman 650 with a Top box. Unless its crap in which case I'm on the blue Vespa!
Snap, so to distinguish if its me or Gerard I'll be the one with the Black boots and crash helmet wearing gloves :D

ady
Benefactor

Post by ady »

ady wrote:
Gerard C wrote:Proposed meeting up at the Penny Garth Cafe, Market Place, Hawes DL8 3RD. I think 11.00 should do it to gather up. Its conveniently situated on the A684. Well according to their Website http://www.pennygarthcafe.co.uk anyway.

I am setting off from Junction 39 M1 at 9.15. If anybody from South / West Yorks wants to ride up together.

Thats about it. Showers won't cancel it but if its forecast to p*ss it down all day it will.

If anyone else can suggest a better meeting place or time or anything come forward and say now please. This is my first effort so help appreciated.

I am riding a Grey Burgman 650 with a Top box. Unless its crap in which case I'm on the blue Vespa!
Snap, so to distinguish if its me or Gerard I'll be the one with the Black boots and crash helmet wearing gloves :D
The drop off system always works well in fact even when there is only a few it can be good practice especialy on roads with limited visabily like we have up here in't dales.

regarding the meeting place i think the pennygarth is fine, can i suggest a ride to Tan Hill? i have not done it on a bike before but i do know its a great scenic route at least then if anyone is wanting the lakes or lancs from there its a short hop onto the A66 and over penrith way.

There is also a bikers cafe in bellerby http://www.manor-cafe.co.uk/ they have a great website with routes and local weather and you get a great cuppa :D

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Points/ drop off system, used it twice years ago on BMW club ride outs, didnt see the point really, recent 850 mile ugly bunch trip to france , seven riders using no system apart from common sence, no "moments", I think making it too organised takes the fun out of it, sorry to be so negative hear, but arnt we talking about a sunday afternoom rideout . :roll:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

ady
Benefactor

Post by ady »

Good point. for some reason i enjoy the drop off system maybe it makes it more interesting i dont know but either way i am happy to go with whatever 8-)

Groucherino
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Groucherino »

Got to say never been a fan of the point system, i'm with Horobags on this. A general dose of common sense works best, leave a decent gap and watch your mirrors to make sure the group stays together. Have been on 200 mile+ rides on unfamiliar roads where we all stayed together no probs. What should happen is a good respect for your mates and their riding comfort levels/abilities. Its like Horobags says, this is a Sunday ride out, something to enjoy, not a competition.

Gerard, would be great to meet at Jct 39, you thinking of being at Cedar Court a short while or should I see you somewhere nearby?
Fingers crossed on the weather, sure is naff at the moment. Looking forward to my work ride tonight :shock:

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Hi Clive

I was going to say meeting up at 9.00am at Ceder Court if any one wants to get together for ride up. Ive been looking at the forecast its talking about a 30% chance of Showers 30%. Temp about 12 degrees. Best for a while. Im open as to route there but its been suggested that we go via Wetherby then onto Harrogate. Any body want to join in at Wetherby Services?

Groucherino
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Groucherino »

Thanks for that Gerard. I'll be there complete with snorkel at 9:00.

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

JohnR93 wrote:
horobags wrote:John, is there any chance we could meet at the Rocket centre, near you, and then head up through Clitheroe towards Skipton, as a blat up the M6 to Lancaster is the last thing I want. :)
No problem Mark, what time do you want to meet up? I suggest about 09:00 hrs.
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

sorry I cant make this meet, but hope you all have a good time.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.