A2 Licence

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
donjack
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic 500

Re: A2 Licence

Post by donjack »

did mine on a benelli velvet 125
Why ride 1 mile when 10 will do!!

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

gn2 wrote:
poldark wrote:Are we talking old British then or is one of them Indian Royal Enfields calling to you! :lol:
Don't think the new fuel injected Royal Enfield engine has a kickstart...?
Oh yes they do...

Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

Beardy
Current Ride: Piaggio X9 250 SL

Post by Beardy »

Cheers for that! I've got an s-wing too so at least I know it can get up to the speed ok. Was it a close thing on the speed? The instructor said that was his issue with the scooters.
On my PS I had to give it the guns to get up to speed in time. Bear in mind as well that you come to the stop and the avoidance tests after rounding a 180 bend. This is why I found the lesson useful, as I knew what the speed felt like without constantly checking the speedo and focusing too much on it. You get 1 "sighting" go round the course before actually doing the test manoeuvres where the examiner will let you know your speed. There is a very small tolerance on the speed - too fast or too slow and its a fail. I think you've got to be very confident (or very lucky!) to do the Mod1 with no training.

Scootaboy
Current Ride: FJS 600 SilverWing

Post by Scootaboy »

Deeping wrote:what's an A2 Licence
I second that,what is a A2 license?

I took my test in 1987,2 part,round the cones in the school playground then the second part round Spalding,a clockwise circuit,Anti clockwise circuit,emergency stop thrown in then a few Highway code questions and tore the L plates.I am pleased I took mine when I did!
There's no such thing as poor performance, only inappropriate expectations

Image Image

EastAnglian
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 S-Wing 125

Post by EastAnglian »

Lou wrote:
EastAnglian wrote:I passed first time with no lessons and just a learners book and youtube, check this guy; http://www.youtube.com/user/RoadcraftNo ... re=g-all-c his teaching seemed to gel nicely with my riding style. Although I did have 13000 miles under my belt on a PCX, which then got written off and I got my S-Wing which I took my test on.

As for taking the test, Mod 1 I found the scoot to just about have enough power to get to the required speed.

Mod 2 was a breeze
Cheers for that! I've got an s-wing too so at least I know it can get up to the speed ok. Was it a close thing on the speed? The instructor said that was his issue with the scooters.
It was a very close thing with the speed, I was 2kmh over the minimum first time just passing through it, and the avoidance test I was dead on the minimum, and I had to be pretty fearless with it too!... I will NEVER do that sort of manoeuvre on a scooter again!... all I thought was "it's a test designed to be passable by the government thus I shouldn't come off.
Travelling at several WTF's a minute

szymon
Current Ride: None

Post by szymon »

I did my first mod2 on an S-Wing too, and I had no problem getting up to speed - 4km/h over and I didn't feel like I'm pegging it. It's more about how fast you go around the corner, the line you choose, and the point at which you open the throttle out full. I went around the corner smoothly, gently increasing pressure on the accelerator as I went around until it was open all by itself as I came out of the corner. Practise it a bit and you'll get it.

-simon

macp
Current Ride: Gilera ST200

Post by macp »

Scootaboy wrote:
Deeping wrote:what's an A2 Licence
I second that,what is a A2 license?

I took my test in 1987,2 part,round the cones in the school playground then the second part round Spalding,a clockwise circuit,Anti clockwise circuit,emergency stop thrown in then a few Highway code questions and tore the L plates.I am pleased I took mine when I did!
Yep glad I did mine when I did in 1988 I just remember doing a CBT then meeting an examiner for the 2nd part following me around a route which took in dual carriageway, traffic and showing I had full control of the bike doing U turns and emergency stop. I answered a couple of questions back at the test centre and was told I had passed L plates went in the bin immediately.