The New BMW Scooters are a Real Blast !!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: The New BMW Scooters are a Real Blast !!

Post by rtfm »

I hope they have one I can try at the NEC this year riding.gif

tallpaul
Benefactor
Current Ride: xmax 125

Post by tallpaul »

When I was on my way to the bike mechanics this morning I popped into coopers BMW at boldon and there was one in the showroom, it qualifies for the ugly scoot club :lol: , no its not bad, I'm just not keen on the "floating" panels on front or the same styling on the front mud guard. I do like the one side mounted wheel, and the compact exhaust...did I say ugly, maybe not. ;)

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

tallpaul wrote:did I say ugly, maybe not. ;)

Wouldn't say it was ugly. I'd like to try one and if I had the money, possibly buy one.
Or the new Tmax but it isn't conformist to admit it.

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

I saw them at the NEC last year and really liked the look and ergonomics of the GT which was getting load of attention. The "sporty" one doesn't float my boat though

OpenMind
Current Ride: Tmax

Re: Kymco 700 MyRoad; Where can anyone get one?

Post by OpenMind »

gn2 wrote:Real enough metal and plastic at the Tokyo motor show in October 2007.
http://www.gizmag.com/go/8239/picture/39175/
Yes, but not on sale to the public, or anyone else for that matter.
Please tell us anywhere in the world where the Kymco MyRoad 700 is actually on sale, and at what cost.
I couldn't find anywhere earlier this year, over 4 years after it was shown at Tokyo.
It's certainly had a long gestation period...

I know someone who rode one in Taiwan last year, but it was a Kymco factory bike.
Maybe it's on sale in Italy by now?

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Kymco 700 MyRoad; Where can anyone get one?

Post by StephenC »

OpenMind wrote: I know someone who rode one in Taiwan last year, but it was a Kymco factory bike.
Maybe it's on sale in Italy by now?
Yup.

http://www.kymco.it/prodotti/scooter/oltre125/_MRD+700

And Germany

http://www.kymco.de/scooter/700-ccm/myr ... i-abs.html
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

OpenMind
Current Ride: Tmax

Re: Kymco 700 MyRoad: on sale in D & Italia

Post by OpenMind »

StephenC wrote:
OpenMind wrote: Maybe it's on sale in Italy by now?
Yup.
http://www.kymco.it/prodotti/scooter/oltre125/_MRD+700
And Germany
http://www.kymco.de/scooter/700-ccm/myr ... i-abs.html
Heh heh. Many thanks! Some fascinating differences there, both between the BMWs and the Kymco and between the German and Italian Kymcos, if their spec sheets are to be believed!
I see the Italian version has 16 in wheels F&R whereas the German version has 15F 14R, like a Burgman 650
The Italian one is €500 cheaper too!
Even at €8,500 in Deutschland it's a lot cheaper than the BMWs. Power is pretty much the same at 59ps.
I suspect the German wheel spec is correct - closer to the Burger King than the BMWs in weight too, at 281kgs.
You'd need to have your beer goggles on to think it was attractive.
Jeez, and I thought the C650GT was a bit uninspired styling-wise. The Kymco makes it seem good looking!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Kymco 700 MyRoad: on sale in D & Italia

Post by MrGrumpy »

OpenMind wrote: Jeez, and I thought the C650GT was a bit uninspired styling-wise. The Kymco makes it seem good looking!
I wouldn't go quite that far - but the recent photos of the C650GT have made it look extremely ugly - slab sided at the back, plus that weird looking front fairing sides that seems to extend forward making it look very heavy. OK maybe they have a purpose, but otherwise....

tmaxdragster
Current Ride: tmax

Post by tmaxdragster »

Sorry but its still not German ! you cant say something is when its not ! yer they look nice but you can get the 560 kit for your tmax and still blow them all away.....and still have change for a fish supper !

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxdragster wrote:Sorry but its still not German ! you cant say something is when its not ! yer they look nice but you can get the 560 kit for your tmax and still blow them all away.....and still have change for a fish supper !
Not German??? The engine may be Taiwanese, but its assembled in Germany. No idea where the other components come from.

This could get silly - many little Hondas are made in Italy, most smaller Yamahas in France - are they 'Japanese'? Is the new KTM 125 & 200 Austrian or Indian (made by Hero). Is your Vauxhall car British, even its assembled in Germany? Was my old Nissan Primera Japanese or British (made in Sunderland)? Is my Suzuki Car Japanese or Hungarian???