Honda SH300i stalling - legal action thread/VOSA report

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
EDW
Current Ride: HondaSH300

Honda SH300i stalling - legal action thread/VOSA report

Post by EDW »

Sorry to start another thread but if negotiations between me and Honda don't work out then I will have to consider legal options.

If the citizens advice/law centre say I have a case I will go to small claims court in Regents Park, London.

Anyone who wants to join me in a 'class action' please get in touch, but you must get the recall work done first, so Honda have a chance to
fix the problem, that is only fair.

I am happy to do the legal homework, consumer purchase law is not complex, small claims is a simple procedure.

I have told Honda that if they want the bike they must come and collect it, not going to ride it any more.

Edit:
If anyone who has had the work done has suffered an engine stall, please let me know even if you are happy to
keep the bike.

I have reported the bike to VOSA on safety defect form.
The VOSA reference is VSD 24581.

Can someone post a link to the service bulletin, I cant find it anywhere.
Ta

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: Honda SH300i stalling - legal action thread

Post by SH125Paul »

Power to ya keyboard...
FWIW... I would drop MCN a line they have a legal bloke that rights for them, usually relating to Injury Accident claims etc, but sure tehy would have a handle / view on this kinda thing, Publicity for your cause and all that...

EDW
Current Ride: HondaSH300

Re: Honda SH300i stalling - legal action thread

Post by EDW »

XMax250Paul wrote:Power to ya keyboard...
FWIW... I would drop MCN a line they have a legal bloke that rights for them, usually relating to Injury Accident claims etc, but sure tehy would have a handle / view on this kinda thing, Publicity for your cause and all that...

Thanks,

chris.dabbs@motorcyclenews.com

seems to be right.