Anyone get out this weekend?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Anyone get out this weekend?

Post by Sylar »

Well! despite all the doom and gloom about the weather, last weekend wasn't too bad was it? I had a run to the west coast on Saturday and the sun was shining a lovely time. Set off for home at 3oclock and got caught in a horrendous thunderstorm, my only regret was wearing my open face helmet instead of the full face. On Sunday i had a run to Pateley Bridge in Yorkshire,i hadn't been up there for awhile and forgot how great the roads are especially after the turn off at the A59. A great twisty road and no other two wheelers to be seen(apart from bicycles) i especially liked the run from Grassington to Pateley Bridge, if you've never been i urge you to try it. On the way back i stopped for tea at Stump Cross Caves, only me and some cyclists in this remote place. I got home just as the thunderstorms started again, so i missed them. A great weekend and and another 268mls clocked up :) I did take a couple of pics but they don't show much.

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: Anyone get out this weekend?

Post by rtfm »

I went up to Ramsgate with 'er indoors on Saturday, came back on Sunday. The weather was fine for the ride but the traffic on the m25 was shite most of the way home

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Weather was a bit too hit & miss to go too far this weekend. Torrential downpours in places - Catterick and parts of Wensleydale flooded, parts of Tyneside flooded (again), Tornados (well, funnel clouds) spotted round Darlington! Missed the worst on Teesside (as usual), but even then had a couple of mega showers with large amounts of hail - not good to ride in!

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

Yeah I had a run out on Sunday and the weather was nice and warm up here and no rain! Did about a 40 mile round trip! According to the forcast weather improving for the end of the week!! Fingers crossed! :D
enjoy eXtra to the Max

Lou
Current Ride: Honda S-Wing

Post by Lou »

I had a ride yesterday and got absolutely pissed on! Forgot to take the waterproof overtrousers too so I froze for the last 30 mins. Decided I'd have a go today as well but pack the trousers! Thank god, it was worse today, the rain was horizontal and struggled to see much! Thank god for the pinlock, didn't fancy riding with the visor open for that long! I don't mind riding in the rain but only when I've got the right gear on!!

burgerman
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda FJS600 Silverwing

Post by burgerman »

I would have loved to have got out at the weekend, but we moved house last Wednesday, and I can't find a fecking thing! Rode the scoot from the old house to the new one, and that was it.

Slightly off topic, our new house hasn't got broadband, so I rang BT to get some phone sockets moved, and an adsl socket installed. The (indian!) guy said as a favour, he wouldn't charge the usual £75 fee to fit each socket, just the £130 engineers charge! He then said would September 4th be ok to do the job!! Couldn't think of a polite comeback, so that looks like when I'll be able to get online again at home. Good job I can use t'internet at work!
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander......sometimes it buggers off completely!!
You can't avoid growing up, but you can be immature all your life!

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I was out on Sunday but not on the scooter, I went for a very pleasant morning's fishing and will be eating mackerel, pollack and cod for the rest of the week :D

@burgerman, there's really no such thing as an "adsl socket", any phone socket will do the job and it's very simple to add extra ones yourself.

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

I took mine to a super little one-man scoot/bike repair man for a new tyre and MOT. He bled the soft front brake, which was nice, and it all cost £101.39!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

burgerman
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda FJS600 Silverwing

Post by burgerman »

gn2 wrote:@burgerman, there's really no such thing as an "adsl socket", any phone socket will do the job and it's very simple to add extra ones yourself.
I appreciate what you say, but I'm a bit of a non-techy with that sort of thing. 'Fraid I'll just have to let BT rip me off again!
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander......sometimes it buggers off completely!!
You can't avoid growing up, but you can be immature all your life!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Not too bad here, beach and Pie and Mash at Walton on Saturday.

Took the X9 for a small ride on Sunday.

Also putting house on the market and house hunting.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125