Well there's a first...Or two...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Well there's a first...Or two...

Post by SpikeOne »

On a weeks holiday in south Wales.
Saw a second Downtown 300i coming out of Swansea, travelling east, on the way here on Saturday morning. Anyone here?
Just bumped into a Burgman 125 in Pembroke Dock - what nice looking machine! Ditto? :D :D
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Well there's a first...Or two...

Post by Data »

Spike, I think we will start to see more and more Downtowns, and Sym GTS300's in the coming months. They are good bikes.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Yeah, SYMs seem pretty good, especially at those prices. My dealer suggested a Maxsym 400 when I went in to order my new Burgman and I must admit I was tempted.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Data wrote:I think we will start to see more and more Downtowns, and Sym GTS300's in the coming months. They are good bikes.
They've been good and on sale for a few years so why will sales pick up now...?

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

The mid range scooter sales are expanding, particularly the maxi's. That tends to be good for the brands in question right across the board. Plus there are now more Sym dealers coming on stream. Kymco are also gradually lining up new dealers too so they tell me. With the good press coverage that both Kymco and Sym are getting and the fact they are being more and more noted for there designs on the newer models, and their pedigree for reliability and durability, I think it is inevitable more will be sold. In my home town there are more Sym scooters now than at anytime, just an observation. One of our main training centres uses them and that's good advertising.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I hope you are proven correct, because it will encourage Sym and Kymco to bring more of their models to these shores.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Gn, I'm not often proven correct on much but I'd love to see the Maxsym600 come here. But still not sure if it's coming to our shores or not yet. First it is, then it's not, now it could be...the local dealer tells me. Do you have any dealers near you? One thing for certain is that I'm going for a ride on both the Piaggio X10 350, and the MP3 thingy as soon as my knee injury will let me! I had a call from the dealer yesterday to say that demos are available for the X10 now and the MP3 but only the 350cc versions. A 500cc unit may be available later for the MP3 as a demo. Not that I'm going to part with my 400z abs you'll understand...

gn2

Post by gn2 »

There is a Sym & Kymco dealer in the nearest city to me but last time I visited there were no maxi scooters in the showroom.
Not even a Burgman.
Last time I checked the website there was nothing about Sym apart from some 125s in a "Learner" section.

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

Data wrote:Gn, I'm not often proven correct on much but I'd love to see the Maxsym600 come here. But still not sure if it's coming to our shores or not yet. First it is, then it's not, now it could be...the local dealer tells me. Do you have any dealers near you? One thing for certain is that I'm going for a ride on both the Piaggio X10 350, and the MP3 thingy as soon as my knee injury will let me! I had a call from the dealer yesterday to say that demos are available for the X10 now and the MP3 but only the 350cc versions. A 500cc unit may be available later for the MP3 as a demo. Not that I'm going to part with my 400z abs you'll understand...
Not sure the maxsym 600 exists.. yet. Next Maxi SYM will bring in will probably be the new GTS. But lately I have seen
lot's of 'normal' bodied scooters popping up, SYM's, Piaggio's, Peugeots, yamaha's mainly. I once saw another GTS 250 like
mine in my home town four years ago but thats the only time i've seen one out on the road in all four years of ownership.

I'd love SYM to import some of there home market models. If you check the actual Taiwanese SYM site they have loads of
great looking scooters with fuel injection, yet only sold in Taiwan. It seems everywhere else is pretty much stuck with the same range as us and mostly carburettored engines.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

gn2 wrote:There is a Sym & Kymco dealer in the nearest city to me but last time I visited there were no maxi scooters in the showroom.
Not even a Burgman.
Last time I checked the website there was nothing about Sym apart from some 125s in a "Learner" section.
Yeah your right there, I ordered mine on the recommendation of other owners in this very forum, as the dealer does not hold any stock of maxi's only 125's and 50's and not to many of them either. Would be good to see the dealer actually take in a bigger range. Having said that their showroom is packed with all sorts. They need a bigger showroom.There is a SYM dealer about 30 miles away and he didn't have any maxi's in stock either. Poor show.
enjoy eXtra to the Max