Brown pants moment

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: Brown pants moment

Post by SH125Paul »

halfabusa wrote:Stalker map, here you go: http://goo.gl/maps/SwCA1
Ah, near the tea hut...
Plenty of visibility, and in light traffic that isnt a roundabout, more a flip/ flop chicane... :D

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

exactly, it's only technically a roundabout, other than that a flip/flop, or in my case flip and FLOOOOOOOPSSSHIIIIIITTTT
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

macp wrote:I have been pretty lucky I guess the wind has helped but I have been able to smell it and react. Lets hope I haven`t just tempted fate :D
Mac, he said he didn't poo his pants! So what is it you can smell?? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

his wind ;)
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Post by Zed »

halfabusa wrote:Makes you wanna push it further and further.
I recommend tightening the sphincter and keeping it in - but thats just me... :?

Yeah i know that roundabout, 30mph on a scooter is easily doable in a straight line, but i'd personally (given traffic) still follow the dubious two lanes and slow and turn.

macp
Current Ride: Gilera ST200

Post by macp »

Data wrote:
macp wrote:I have been pretty lucky I guess the wind has helped but I have been able to smell it and react. Lets hope I haven`t just tempted fate :D
Mac, he said he didn't poo his pants! So what is it you can smell?? :lol: :lol: :roll:
paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp :lol:

It did come across as a bit of a smart arse comment re reading it. :oops:

Lou
Current Ride: Honda S-Wing

Post by Lou »

halfabusa wrote:
Lou wrote:
gn2 wrote:I'm glad islands are clockwise as I find I corner slower going that way!
Are you left handed by any chance? I find that i go slower on clockwise turns too and i am left handed. I wonder if that's got any relation to how we corner.
nice theory but im right handed! i've heard off a few people that right hand corners are more of a problem for them! no idea why

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

That one yes indeed,know it well,many years ago i went in to it chasing after a car,driving my old Mk 2 Cortina,next thing no warning ended up spinning round 180" facing the traffic.No one stopped,now its very bumpie,glad you ok..
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Sounds like diesel to me. It's usually invisible and always deadly when you're not ready for it.
As for new tyres, I have never had any trouble after the first 20 miles or so. Especially with a quality make like Bridgestone.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I seem to be having lots of 'interesting' moments these days....after last weeks disaster with oil from the filter leaking over the rear tyre and brakes, I've been away for a couple of days in Southern Scotland (on the TMax, obviously).

Firstly, somewhere near Eskdalemuir, I was going round a corner and the rear tyre hit something on the road - a rock, or a lump in the Tarmac I don't know - and it sent the TMax off in a wholly unintended direction! No Slide, just a sudden lurch!

Secondly, just at the roundabout at the end of the A66M in Darlington, I was taking a wide exit line off the roundabout as there were a whole load of slow moving cars, and I suddenly found a huge pile of sand on the RHS of the road - about 10m long an 1m wide! I went straight into it, whilst leaned over! I had a very exciting few seconds as the scoot slew in various directions, but fortunately I managed to hang on.

Thirdly, somewhere near Bramptom, I was behind a tractor with trailer, went to overtake it and he turned right just in front of me! Not so much a hint of a signal!
Not pleased.........