Racing is money wasted

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Lou
Current Ride: Honda S-Wing

Re: Racing is money wasted

Post by Lou »

I'm a cyclist (mainly mountain biking but i do road ride too) and theres as many shit motorbike and scooter riders/car drivers/lorry drivers etc on the road, we all like a whine and a bleat about someone else on the road. I'd like to see so many of the angry brigade get on a bike and ride and understand why some (not me) people ride side by side or not in the gutter, it'd be a lot better than the typical 'lazy' response of they're shite and i'm great that gets spewed out on many forums. I'm not defending all people that ride bikes, some just seem like they are trying to kill themselves, others think they own the road but its no different than the dickhead motorbike rider that risks everyones life overtaking on a bend at stupid speed that i witnessed yesterday.

come on people i think its time for a group hug.............once i get my lycra on! :o

irev
Current Ride: AN400

Post by irev »

MrGrumpy wrote:
irev wrote:
Since the Olympics kicked off I have nearly annihilated four untrained, incompetent, suicidal and cognisent-deficient bi-cyclists who seem to think they have a cats chance of nine lives: Riding without lights in the dark. Riding the wrong way up a dual carriageway. Riding two abreast on a single-track country line. Or pulling across a line of traffic against a red light.
You should try the countryside - its even worse for idiot leisure cyclists! Most of them have no conception that there is a difference between a cycle route (a road recommended for cycles) and a cycle way ( a dedicated cycle road). Most of them NEVER look over their shoulders when turning right. Their favourite trick is on a hill, to pull round a sharp (blind) bend, and then stop on the carriageway for a rest or a fag.
And don't get me started on racing cyclists - I've nearly taken out at least 2 who seem to think that they are taking part in the Tour de France and that the road is closed except for them, as they use all the road and I've nearly met them head on!!!
Er, I do live in the Countryside. The part that is plagued by these vermin every summer, when they descend like lycra-clad locusts and swarm around consuming all road space in their path as if it were theirs by divine right. They even scare the ponies and cattle that actually do have a divine right to roam...

Only yesterday, went out to a country pub for a spot of lunch. While we're there, a large group of scum arrived all in matching `New Forest 2012` bicycling shirts and abandoned their bikes successfully blocking both access gates to the beer garden, as well as the back gate to a cottage that backs onto the car park.
When asked to move them the reply was `fuck off we're busy...'
Wrong answer. We moved them for them. Right into a stream that runs round the back. Does carbon fibre shrink when it's underwater... :evil:

Then, as we're leaving two so-obviously city-dweller shitclists (jeans, t-shirt, headphones, no peripheral observation) pulled right across the front of our vehicle - a muddy, crusty, balloon-tyred Navara (!!!) across `give way` markings as they headed for the wrong way up a one-way road... and here I must apologise to the Muppetry. I accelerated hard, but missed them. :x ;)

So, the tale of the tape:
17 cyclists seen in an hour or two.
12+2 = 14 fucking useless scumbag retards who need a serious seeing-to.

Or if you prefer:
82% Bastard Bi-cyclist rate.

So where is the argument about the `minority`? :ugeek:
No door is closed to an open mind.
Except a closed door, which a mind can't open, but even a stupid hand can.

irev
Current Ride: AN400

Post by irev »

Lou wrote:I'm a cyclist (mainly mountain biking but i do road ride too) and theres as many shit motorbike and scooter riders/car drivers/lorry drivers etc on the road, we all like a whine and a bleat about someone else on the road. I'd like to see so many of the angry brigade get on a bike and ride and understand why some (not me) people ride side by side or not in the gutter, it'd be a lot better than the typical 'lazy' response of they're shite and i'm great that gets spewed out on many forums. I'm not defending all people that ride bikes, some just seem like they are trying to kill themselves, others think they own the road but its no different than the dickhead motorbike rider that risks everyones life overtaking on a bend at stupid speed that i witnessed yesterday.

come on people i think its time for a group hug.............once i get my lycra on! :o
Then stop talking to us and get out there and train those cnuts. I've spent twenty five years giving my time to training motorcyclists so they aren't part of the shit brigade. It's obligatory for road-going motorcyclists, even mopedisti. Why is it not the same for pedalophiles who are just as capable of killing themselves and causing accidents on the same piece of carriageway..?

Like us, they should all have compulsory third-party insurance, be equipped with number plates or a personal pedal-passport and have mandatory competence-testing before being allowed to ride on the road. As a motorcycling pedlist how can you possibly defend anything else..? ;)
No door is closed to an open mind.
Except a closed door, which a mind can't open, but even a stupid hand can.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I really do think the government should enforce a CBT for bicyclists who want to ride on the road, they don't need L plates or reg plates just a bit of paper proving they have done it, the scheme could be done at motorcycle test places and be a good earner for motorcycle training companies.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Lou wrote:I'm a cyclist (mainly mountain biking but i do road ride too) and theres as many shit motorbike and scooter riders/car drivers/lorry drivers etc on the road, we all like a whine and a bleat about someone else on the road. I'd like to see so many of the angry brigade get on a bike and ride and understand why some (not me) people ride side by side or not in the gutter, it'd be a lot better than the typical 'lazy' response of they're shite and i'm great that gets spewed out on many forums. I'm not defending all people that ride bikes, some just seem like they are trying to kill themselves, others think they own the road but its no different than the dickhead motorbike rider that risks everyones life overtaking on a bend at stupid speed that i witnessed yesterday.

I'm sure you are completely correct.....but I am enjoying Irev's rants!!!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Things will never improve until everyone adheres to the Highway Code and roads in the UK are widened and the landscape flattened.
In my youth and for some years after, children were encouraged to take the Cycling Proficiency course which included, when I did it, a written exam about the Highway Code.
Admittedly the HC was considerably thinner then but we had to know it all.
Needless to say, funding for this was cut.

So many roads in the UK are just not condusive to safe cycling - too many twists and turns between high hedges so concealing the cyclists until the last minute.
Of course, if everyone observed speed-limits and so on, it would be less dangerous.
Better enforce a period on bicycles, followed by a period on mopeds before allowing people to take a car-driving test, followed by a restricted period behind the wheel - low speed cars, curfews, etc.
In that way all drivers would be aware of life on two wheels and be more considerate.
It is the pattern here, although the two-wheels part is not compulsory, nor is the restricted driving part (not necessary because most people have ridden a bicycle from almost as soon as they can walk).

The Rules favour the cyclist but it is expected that cyclists conform.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Waldorf wrote: So many roads in the UK are just not condusive to safe cycling - too many twists and turns between high hedges so concealing the cyclists until the last minute.
Of course, if everyone observed speed-limits and so on, it would be less dangerous.
Yeah fine, but too many cyclists seem to have a death wish. The local council has spent millions on cycle ways and cycle paths round my estate, but a surprising number of cyclists don't use the damn things - even preferring to cycle on fast dual carriageways, where there is a proper cycle path alongside.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

How very negative; no wonder things don't change.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

hi Irev, quote "and here I must apologise to the Muppetry. I accelerated hard, but missed them."
I hope thats an apology for missing and not accelerating
Never instal version 1.0

Lou
Current Ride: Honda S-Wing

Post by Lou »

Meldrew wrote:What pisses me off is cyclists riding on pavements, not little kids but adults who've mentally not grasped that the pavements are for pedestrians, and if there's not a cycle track they should be on the road. It's almost always a twat on a mountain bike who thinks he has the right to use the pavement as his own racetrack and expects everyone to give him the right of way.
They're usually refered to as POBSO's (People on Bike Shaped Objects) and have high vis bibs and havent been on a bike since they were a teenager. I used to pass them all the time riding to work amazed at how shit their basic common sense and personal safety was!