Honda Announces New SH125i

For members who own little scooters.
rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: Honda Announces New SH125i

Post by rtfm »

It would be nice if they could bring some of that tech to the Silverwing. A 600cc Maxi scoot that does 90mpg would be a real winner 8-)

j.newton1
Current Ride: Peugeot Vox

Post by j.newton1 »

Honda advert says more MPG than the old SH125,I wonder if this is because the new SH125 has 2BHP less than the old one?

JimR
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman

Post by JimR »

I part ex my old ps for a new sh about 6 weeks ago,nice machine the fual consumption seems remarkable .The checks ive done now its run in are coming out at 124mpg, my old ps was around 95. The only other unusual thing is the starter motor noise ,or lack of in this case,There is no usual slight whirring noise as the starter motor kicks into life,a silent starter motor of some sort.Someone suggested a brushless induction motor with centrifugal clutch.

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

Honda uses a new system where no conventional starter motor is used in their stop start system bikes.
Honda ACG Starter.jpg
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

gn2

Post by gn2 »

j.newton1 wrote:Honda advert says more MPG than the old SH125,I wonder if this is because the new SH125 has 2BHP less than the old one?
Its because Honda have spent a lot of effort making much more fuel efficient engines.
Piaggio are doing the same, the 3V engine gives excellent fuel economy.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

JimR wrote:I part ex my old ps for a new sh about 6 weeks ago,nice machine the fual consumption seems remarkable .The checks ive done now its run in are coming out at 124mpg, my old ps was around 95. The only other unusual thing is the starter motor noise ,or lack of in this case,There is no usual slight whirring noise as the starter motor kicks into life,a silent starter motor of some sort.Someone suggested a brushless induction motor with centrifugal clutch.
I Have noticed that,no noise from starting up.
Had a ding-dong with a Honda pcx round Rotherhithe 1-way system.Pissed it he couldn't keep with me,Rotherhithe tunnel round-a-bout went round him outside,he must have thought " bloody silly old sod" :lol:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.