New to Scooting

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

New to Scooting

Post by smeghead »

Hi all,
Just to say I am picking up a brand new Yamaha Majesty 400 on Saturday. I hope we will get along. It replaces a 7 month old Bonneville. I've gone through several large capacity bikes in the last few years, BMW R1150R, Guzzi California (two of those) a couple of Fazers. Got bored with speed, never used the bikes to their full extent, probably very few riders actually do. I've decided comfort and usability are what I now need. The Bonnie has 2000 miles on the clock, never took it out in rain as it takes ages to clean and it's not a bike you can neglect. I hope to ride the Scooter most of the year. Any thoughts....

gn2

Re: New to Scooting

Post by gn2 »

Hope you got a good deal on the Maj, the normal list price is a bit steep...
Anyone who routinely uses a Fazer to the limit of its capability on a public road deserves to be locked up.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Any Thoughts...

If it's ya first time to twist n go's the feeling may be slightly different from geared bikes...
Pulling away and general riding, I can only describe it as a slight feeling of cluth slip...
Cornering, throttle off slightly before the bend and drive thru, rather than going thru on a neautral throttle... and as there is less weight thru ya feet/pegs and more thru ya arse (more akin to a cruiser)... a little more stearing input may be required as you are not weighting the pegs as much...

A pair of Tucano Urbano Neoprene Hand Grip Covers... specially the bar end version, i don't bother with the cable tie/secure nonsense just pull em off and stick em under the seat if you think they might get nicked (easier that way for cleaning etc) Way sleeker than the big old Oxford muffs, waterproof and very toasty... http://www.tucanourbano.it/Catalogo/ite ... rimanopole

I don't trust heated grips or anything extra on a battery fitted to a TnG, as you cant kick or bump em started!

And enjoy ya new twist n go!

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

hello, IT'S A BRAKE NOT A CLUTCH, you will laugh at this when you do it
Never instal version 1.0

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Thanks Guys,
I was putting heated grips on it but Yamaha are out of stock until late November, cost £170 also. I've never seen those Tucano muffs before, they look worth go and no faffing around with wiring. Love the 'It's a brake not a clutch' quip, I will probably grab a handfull at the first stop!
Thanks

SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Post by SpikeOne »

Welcome Smeghead. All wot they sed!
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi Smeghead and welcome icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Hello and welcome to the foroom.... :D
SEAT MO

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

XMax250Paul wrote: a little more stearing input may be required as you are not weighting the pegs as much...
Now you're talking out of yer arse.... :lol:

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Hi and welcome aboard.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services