New to Scooting

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Re: New to Scooting

Post by bornagainbiker »

Hello smeghead and welcome to the forum, you will enjoy the fun and the relaxed ease of riding with a maxi-scooter.
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Hi Bornagainbiker,
That is exactly what I am looking for, relaxing and easy. I was fed up with climbing off the Bonneville and needing a good lie down for a few days to get over it! I am now too fat, old and idle to be arsed with all that 'biking' crap!...................I hope!

Newlad
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Newlad »

smeghead wrote:Hi Bornagainbiker,
That is exactly what I am looking for, relaxing and easy. I was fed up with climbing off the Bonneville and needing a good lie down for a few days to get over it! I am now too fat, old and idle to be arsed with all that 'biking' crap!...................I hope!
That could have been me with that statement

Hello from Coventry
My Journey So far:
Yamaha Diversion, Suzuki Intruder, Yamaha Fazer, Suzuki GSX, Triumph Legend, Triumph Sprint ST, HD Dynaglide
Take all of the good bits of these and roll them into one bundle and thats what I now ride

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Hello &Welcome the icon_muppets.png

dito, me too! :lol:

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

HI and all that, Where are you from? Unless Ive missed that bit.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Hi Gerard C,
Not far from you in Doncaster.
Well I picked it up today, I had a steady ride home, around 3 miles. SWMBO had stuff to do today which involved me driving her around so I only got out late on for an hour. Seems I need to run it in at around 4000 revs for 600 miles. 4000 revs equals around 40 mph so that will be a frustrating time. Nice and easy ride, low c of g and good protection from the cold, it was only 6 or 7 degrees today, previous experience with the bike would have stopped me going out in that, I am very nesh but I was surprisingly warm. I will faff with the seat tomorrow, I reckon an inch or two back would suit me and I definitely need mirror extenders.