A New Adventure

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
wildun
Current Ride: Piaggio X10

A New Adventure

Post by wildun »

Hi all,
We have just bought our first scooter of any kind, the Piaggio X10. This has replaced our ST1300 Pan European so quite a change. The fabulous Pan has become too heavy for us to move around and to hold while my wife climbs on the back, I am not as fit as I used to be. I looked at the Burgman 650 but it too was very heavy to push around for me personally and had lots of features that I didn't really need. Totally impressed so far with the X10, cruising easily at 60mph with good pickup from that speed to pass other traffic while giving 81mpg worked out from a tank full to tank full top up. Although we have bought this scooter at the wrong time of the year for us softies we are already looking forward to giving it a run into Europe next year. I have recently done two trips solo to France and Belgium on my other little bikes, the Bantam and Mz, the X10 will do that with no effort while carrying the luggage for two more conveniently. We have fitted the genuine Piaggio top box which is pricey, but compare it to a similar size Givi box at £200 plus fitting rack at £55 plus passenger backrest at £40 it does look good. There were some spacers missing from the fitting kit though, had to fit several spacing washers to avoid distorting the rack plastic moulding. Anyway, hopefully we will also join in with some rides out with you lot next year. Regards to all, Chris. :D

Deleted User 62

Re: A New Adventure

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Hello & Welcome to the icon_muppets.png

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Hi and welcome aboard.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi Chris and welcome, the X10 is getting a popular choice. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

Like Clive said... Hello & Welcome to the icon_muppets.png
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

hello
Never instal version 1.0

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Welcome, I'll be very interested to hear your reports of the X10 as I'm contemplating one in the future (I wanted someone else to confirm current Piaggio R&D capabilities!)
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

poldark wrote:Welcome, I'll be very interested to hear your reports of the X10 as I'm contemplating one in the future (I wanted someone else to confirm current Piaggio R&D capabilities!)
Me too. And pics please 8-)

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum :lol:

rintintin
Benefactor
Current Ride: HONDA Forza 300

Post by rintintin »

And welcome to another X10 rider. I'm really enjoying mine as well. I understand GIVI have two larger screens about to hit the market (one, an adjustable one), which I look forward to, as the standard one ain't much cop for a softie like me! :oops:
"TO BE IS TO DO" (Kant) .................. "TO DO IS TO BE" (Nietzsche) ................."DO BE DO BE DO" (Sinatra)

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Hello
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125