Removing/tidying scratches

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
primalcarl
Current Ride: S-Wing

Removing/tidying scratches

Post by primalcarl »

I've got an area inbetween two panels by my left foot side on my Honda S-Wing that's badly scratched from the previous owner wearing motorcycle boots. It's just the left side and by bad I mean you can feel the scratches easily.

What are my options to make it look better? I could possibly source one replacement panel as its a small one, but there would still be scratches on the adjoining panel which is bigger.

gn2

Re: Removing/tidying scratches

Post by gn2 »

Paint it.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

You could vinyl that part.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Post by SpikeOne »

Take it off, rub it down, long with it's matching parts.
Get your local body shop to respray it.
Won't cost much, and job done.
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Vinyl wrap the section on both sides, will only cost you literally a few quid and also stop further scratches. Likely they won't show through
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

primalcarl
Current Ride: S-Wing

Post by primalcarl »

The paint has metallic bits in it so I'm guessing a vinyl wrap would be plain black and noticeably a little different than original?

If the panels aren't too difficult to remove I might go that route with the body shop. It's not a major issue, but enough to annoy me some days!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

There are people who do these sort of minor repair/repaint scuffs commercially....they can get remarkably good results, and quite cheap (I believe). Probably best to get an expert to do these cosmetic things than bodge it yourself.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

MrGrumpy wrote:There are people who do these sort of minor repair/repaint scuffs commercially....they can get remarkably good results, and quite cheap (I believe). Probably best to get an expert to do these cosmetic things than bodge it yourself.
if you wanted to do yourself, you could mask off a curved area, of the area you have rubbed down, then prime and matt black and lacquervand do same to other side to match, as long as you dont overdo the spray, it will blend in :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Vinyl wrap comes in all sorts of colors, metalics, pearlescents, etc. you could get a close match or even just change the color.

These areas are prone to rubbing and scratching so even if you do get it resrayed I would get some high micron (100+) clear wrap and cover those sections, it will save it from happening again... whilst your at it covering any areas prone to stone chipping would be good too.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...