125cc Peugeot Satelis

For members who own little scooters.
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: 125cc Peugeot Satelis

Post by StephenC »

Bethie wrote:Non in France on my search only Italian for some reason.
Would a different make fit the scooter? I'd ask my local garage but theres only one motorbike place and he kinda rips you off on parts but his labour cost is fine.
None in France? Did you translate it right, maybe?

I don't think exhausts from other brands fit, the only one sharing the part is the Jetforce 125efi.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

to be honest if you can get it welded it would be your cheapest option at the moment.. is it the back box :?: if so take all the covers off and take it to a local welder/garage there are plenty around.. ask around or local rags will be a good source then some heap spray back and all done :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Bethie
Current Ride: 102cc Honda Lead

Post by Bethie »

But if it needs it doing, why not just get it fixed properly? Rust spreads right and if it has corroded enough to make an inch sized hole then how long would a weld actually hold up for?

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

Bethie wrote:But if it needs it doing, why not just get it fixed properly? Rust spreads right and if it has corroded enough to make an inch sized hole then how long would a weld actually hold up for?
if you think you may only have the scoot for two years then you will be ok... or do you spend £250 on an aftermarket exhaust, as i cant seem to find a used one anywhere or £450 on the peugeot one... it all depends on what you going to do or keep the scoot.. all the other cash can be spent on your service items for three services ... just a thought, if the hole is on the outside skin then the central inside should be fine, as metal rust usually corodes in a place and works outwards, get a garage to weld a patch then grind/clean down the weld then get them to use high temp spray on the exhaust , will probably cost you £50 or cheaper if you know them.. it will look like new when the heat shield on... :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Bethie
Current Ride: 102cc Honda Lead

Post by Bethie »

Can anyone else confirm that this would be the right thing to do? I don't wanna go off of one person entirely. (no offence) haha