keeway cruiser

Chat about any motorbike here.
3legpete
Current Ride: peugeot metropolis

keeway cruiser

Post by 3legpete »

Has anybody got any views on the keeway 250cc cruiser.

gn2

Re: keeway cruiser

Post by gn2 »

Cheap and not very cheerful.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Yes cheap ,but theres been a lot sold my local dealer seams to shift a fair few without too many problems .

3legpete

Post by 3legpete »

I have just read a few reviews on them and they were pretty good.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

What about the orange one dave went to belgium on, that performed great, cant remember the make, think it was an aguilla ( model).
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

The Aquila is made by Hyosung but it looks like they are not imported here now.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Hyosung are very good ,but are trying to get a new importer atm .

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Just found ot about the Sinnis Heist.
Available as a 125 or 250 from scooterwarehouse.co.uk

http://www.thescooterwarehouse.co.uk/Si ... U3511.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3legpete

Post by 3legpete »

Ferret wrote:Yes cheap ,but theres been a lot sold my local dealer seams to shift a fair few without too many problems .
For less than £3000 for a new bike with a 2 year warranty doesnt seem bad.

SYMUK
Current Ride: Joymax 300

Post by SYMUK »

Cheap and not very cheerful?

GN2 already a pain in my arse with another brand! GN2 what do you REALLY know about Keeway?

The Cruiser 250 was originally named the 'Landcruiser' until Toyota made a claim to the name! From then on it became the Cruiser

Moore Large in Derby, the original importer for SYM brought them in to the UK and the bike having a 'copy' Yamaha V-twin with single carburettor never really sold - at the time the 250 market was not a popular segment

2008, MotoGB took over importership and dropped the model due to lack of interest, a shame really because the engine and transmission was/is bulletproof, far more reliable than the parallel twins of the same capacity

In 2010 the Cruiser gained Delphi electronic fuel injection so it would meet future emissions and E3-4 homologation

2014 MotoGB decide due to increased interest in the 250cc market segment to re-introduce the Cruiser, just 'dipping toe in water' and a big brother to the best selling 125cc Keeway Superlight (which is MotoGB's best selling 125cc geared bike!!!)

My view on the bike would be obviously biased, but I can say that it is a full two year parts and labour warranty, UK parts supply is better than good, secondary parts supply is taken from Keeway Hungary (EU HUB) and bulk stock from China.

Keeway is a brand manufactured by the massive QJ Group (Qianjiang) who also now own Benelli and their new 600cc 4 cylinder BN600 is launched in the UK this month

Have a look at the following

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a better narrated English version that I actually wrote the script for... I cannot find it on Youtube - it was done a good few years ago!

Other than that......

Take a good look at Sinnis, directors are Yingde Peng and Daqi Fan and are involved in a double glazing business, total nett worth of Sinnis in 2013 year end accounts was -£785

The Scooterwarehouse or Ladydell Importers Ltd have a nett worth of -£9130 AND a credit warning of 'maximum risk'

A warranty is only as good as the issuing company.....

How do I sign off here?

Many thanks

SYMUK
aka KEEWAYUK!