visordown tests kymco 400!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

visordown tests kymco 400!

Post by bikerdezzie »

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-fir ... 25553.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dezzie

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: visordown tests kymco 400!

Post by StephenC »

It's ok, I guess. I'm disappointed by the storage and it looks a little dull, maybe down to the colour perhaps. But the wheels at 15/14 are good and of course there's the ABS and price. One of the commenters misses that his Xmax lacks that, has less foot space AND is more expesnive
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

i had a sit on one last month and declined a test ride as i was away, why black for the uk? dont like the dial setup, why not exciting colour schemes ( all manufacturers) the dealer told me he was selling more 300i because of the price difference, strange selling practice but he said it worked... so why did they not import the Kymco Xciting 500Ri ABS instead :?: :D
Might have to sell my J300.. dont want to sell my pride and joy.. after its only done 1300 miles and still looks brand new and spending £650 on the lovely extras but family needs (kids) means i might, in two minds at the mo... :D :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

To me the Downtown is the better scooter, cheaper to buy, run and insure with better storage.
But if you need more torques.... Currently you can buy a Burgman 400 ABS for the same price, so why choose the Kymco 400?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I guess we should be grateful for a not-crap review from a bike site, but he clearly has little clue what he's talking about. Did he actually go round any corners?

It does look very dull in those pictures, but if Kymco (and the other makers) insist in selling them in such miserable colours, they shouldn't be surprised when people think their scoots look uninteresting!

I'm sure its a decent mid-range scoot, though probably not a Tmax competitor (though it is £4k cheaper so it probably wasn't intended to be).

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Looks much better in white or yellow.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

I'll have the yellow one!

Amazing the difference a change of colour makes.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

I wonder what the exhaust is like behind all that window dressing?
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Comments about colour options are correct. I love my Burgmans but the colour choice is very limited. If I hadn't been able to get white, (which is great, I love it, I don't know what I would have picked.

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

Here is a quote from the review, as he sums it all up:

"If money is no object, and you want the punchiest, best-handling scooter you can have, try a Tmax. If you want the most commodious and luxurious, get a Burgman 650 or BMW C650 GT.

But if you just want a really good maxi scooter at a sane price, try a Kymco Xciting 400i.

With scooters like this, it's increasingly looking like a shame this Taiwanese firm doesn’t make big motorcycles."

2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)