visordown tests kymco 400!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Re: visordown tests kymco 400!

Post by Ferret »

I can see honda building a scooter around the nc motors in the future. I here all the chat about weight spoiling the fun and ride RUBBISH we have probably had great fun over the years riding lardy arse big bikes with shite suspension and phrased it as involving and entertaining .

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Ferret wrote:I can see honda building a scooter around the nc motors in the future. I here all the chat about weight spoiling the fun and ride RUBBISH we have probably had great fun over the years riding lardy arse big bikes with shite suspension and phrased it as involving and entertaining .
Havn't they already made a start with the Integra 700 & 750?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

road runner wrote:
Ferret wrote:I can see honda building a scooter around the nc motors in the future. I here all the chat about weight spoiling the fun and ride RUBBISH we have probably had great fun over the years riding lardy arse big bikes with shite suspension and phrased it as involving and entertaining .
Havn't they already made a start with the Integra 700 & 750?
I want a 300cc single with 25-30hp, loads of torques and to cost no more than £4500. The Integra is too big, too expensive for me. But yes, the Integra is a start. I just hope that they don't drop it like BMW did with the 525e car a couple of decades ago.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

I dont see the integra as a scooter ,i was thinking more along the lines of a new silverwing powered by the nc motor combined with some weight loss etc .

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I would prefer a completely new motor designed for a new scooter rather than the cobbled together abomination of a half car engine with its criminally shite 270 crank and chain final drive.

irev
Current Ride: AN400

Post by irev »

gn2 wrote:I would prefer a completely new motor designed for a new scooter rather than the cobbled together abomination of a half car engine with its criminally shite 270 crank and chain final drive.
A-fucking-men. That motor should be doing 110mpg, with those specs. But it never will with chains and a sex aid crank. It's also too big - a 400 twin with electric assist would offer the opportunity to resolve most of the packaging issues that lead the current thing to be neither fish nor fowl, just foul.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Except a closed door, which a mind can't open, but even a stupid hand can.

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

A nice rotary engine would make for a good package being light and powerful and with the latest ecu trickery easily improve mpg.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

The main reason wankels are not seen more is that they are still dirty compared to the newer clinically clean four stroke engines. We developed a wankel test engine over 5 years ago to take another look at them again. We worked in conjunction with another firm and we got a really good result going. But they are still very thirsty and by definition, still dirty. It was shelved after a year of development work. No one wants to take the risk of putting one out their these days. Seals are not so much a problem now but there are other issues that can't be solved easily to allow it to be clean enough for the newer euro tests which are coming. Any wankel has to comply with car regs on emissions or it's not worth doing. It's achievable but it loses a disproportionate amount of performance and fuel economy and gets disproportionately dirty as you drive it compared to a four stroke. That was our take on it. Nice concept though and they make a nice noise when under throttle.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

[/quote] Dont go down that road Data we have you lined to up join the SYM Mafia we would see the Kymco as our poor cousin :D[/quote]

Yeah, I know spaceprobe. I'm confused! :lol: And I heard about you and Mac going round doing peoples kneecaps...I've got a bad one anyway! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

gn2 wrote:I would prefer a completely new motor designed for a new scooter rather than the cobbled together abomination of a half car engine with its criminally shite 270 crank and chain final drive.
Honda and BMW BOTH put 270 degree cranks in, to make it shake like a v-twin. Progress!!! :lol:
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)