visordown tests kymco 400!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Re: visordown tests kymco 400!

Post by charles1976 »

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 6bih%3D673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

There are SYMs with colour in Spain too, it's just for the UK scooter marketeers decide we'll have a choice of black or matt black - perhaps sometimes Tedious Grey too.

That's why buying a Yamaha (for easy panel removal) and using some Funky Wrap to change the colour is probably the way forward ;)

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Meldrew wrote:They're both twin cylinder engined scooters so they will be heavier than the normal single cylinder 400 maxi, and since neither variant of the 400 Silver Wing was ever in the Honda UK lineup how do you know what's a barge or a bloater?

As I've posted before I've found riding the 600 Silver Wing is like riding a 400 scooter again after my time on a 650 Burgman, and if myself or any of the current 600 Silver Wing owning Muppets got the chance to ride either of the 400 versions, we'd have more of an idea if they were a bloater or a barge than you... don't you think?
Q1 How do I know its a barge or a bloater?
Simple, it weighs 56kg more than my Forza.
Q2 Do I think you would have more of an idea than me?
Absolutely not.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

That's an oft seen line.
And its complete bullshit.
You see a new scooter, hell there's a whole showroom full of them.
You want a new scooter but you've not owned one of these new ones before so you can't know whether any of these new ones you've never owned before suits your needs or not because unless you've owned something before you can't know anything about it, but you want a new scooter but you've never owned one of thes.......
It all gets too much for your brain which goes into meltdown.
Never mind, the nurse will be along in a minute with your medicine.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I knew before I posted that there currently isn't what I would describe as a decent 400cc maxiscooter available to purchase here (or anywhere else) with a Honda badge on.
You might think the SW-T 400 decent, I don't.
All you've proven is that you are a cantankerous miserable old twat.
And I mean that in a nice way :kiss:

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I am in the Meldrew camp regarding 'bloat' and 'barge' etc. I can only compare my current SIlverwing with the 400 Majesty I owned for 2 years. On paper the SIlverwing is a bloater, depending on where the info comes from the 'Wing is around 25kg heavier, that's 4.5 stone in old money, but riding it tells a totally different story. I firmly believe the 'Wing to be easier to cope with, it feels lighter the the Maj at all times, the exception being hauling it into the centre stand. Because the suspension is more supple the bike handles bumpy roads with far more composure, this is especially noticeable when cornering, even at urban speeds, it is far less bouncy and far more controllable than the Maj. I think that the fundamental problem with most scooters is that the engine is effectively the swing arm which compromises the engineers choice of suspension settings, this is not the case with the 'Wing or the T-max or, as far as I know the Burgman 650.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

The quality of the original suspension has a big impact on the handling as does the rubber on the rims and i must say that when i rode a silverwing many moons ago ,i felt it was great for what it was designed to do and certainly more plush than the more sporty maxis .

gn2

Post by gn2 »

One thing I know for certain, when I have been pushing my Forza around to park it, or manoevering slowly through tight gaps in congested city traffic, I have never once thought to myself this thing could be doing with another 50 odd kilos.

Anyway rewinding back to the Kymco 400 (200 kilos), I see a dealer up this way has dropped the advertised price to try and shift the one he has in stock.
Its now only £200 more than a Forza....
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 5023871022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alistair young
Current Ride: an 250

Post by alistair young »

I'm looking to buy a bike to go from u.k. to tour Portugal I thought about kymko 400 they obviously weren't a big seller as cannot many cheap ones to buy any other suggestions?

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

burgman400, forza 300/350.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.