Forza 125 UK Announcement

For members who own little scooters.
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Forza 125 UK Announcement

Post by StephenC »

StephenC wrote:
gn2 wrote:Daelim S3 Advance 250 for £3300 is even better.
Only if you disregard the return on your money when you come to sell on or p/x. In which case the initial saving on the Daelim is going to look pretty poor, I'd wager.

EDIT: quick search on Auto Trader throws up a rough comparison on similar size & mileage:

Daelim S 250cc 2014, 550 miles £2495 (new now £3299)
Vespa GTS 300 Super, 2013, 350 miles, £3699 (new now £4699)

So that's £800 dropped in a year for the Daelim and £1k in TWO years for the Vespa. I'd hate to think about the relative values in, say, 5 years?
Ooh, it looks even worse if you buy new on finance :o

Vespa GTS Super Sport 300 ABS (£4699 list) with 0% APR. Deposit £2000 and £116.63 pm over 24 months.

Daelim £299 deposit, £75.80 a month (good so far). Unfortunately that's over 48 months and at 8.9% the total to pay is £3937. Ouch!

So you save only £800 and don't get ABS. AND you have to keep paying for 2 years longer or either pay off the balance or try and sell it with finance outstanding. And this is without considering the relative resale values.

Sorry, the Daelim might be an OK bike but the money really does not stack up against a Vespa.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

pikey wrote:They are selling old model Vespa gts 300 for £3999 that's a better buy
You can't put a price on a way of life :lol:

gn2

Post by gn2 »

p/x quotes on the same machine differ widely, it all depends what you want to trade against.

That price of £3700 for a year old (ex-demo?) Vespa, do you seriously think anyone will pay that price?

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

gn2 wrote:p/x quotes on the same machine differ widely, it all depends what you want to trade against.

That price of £3700 for a year old (ex-demo?) Vespa, do you seriously think anyone will pay that price?
Quite probably.

On eBay a Vespa GTS300 just sold for £2965. That's a 2009 bike, by the way. ;)

Can't find an equivalent Daelim, sadly. I'm sure you can make en educated guess on what a 2009 Daelim would fetch?

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

StephenC wrote:I'm sure you can make en educated guess on what a 2009 Daelim would fetch?
I once bought a 2006 Daelim NS125 for less than £200 when it was 2 years old. Granted it was a bit tatty but decent ones were only making a few hundred more at that time. You couldn't give them away which is, of course, why I bought one :D

Resale values apart, it was a very good scooter - I sold it locally and my MOT man still sees it - so if you're not one of these that wants the latest model every year it's probably a decent buy.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

So as 2nd hand buy a Daelim is arguably excellent value for money. I won't argue with that.

I love these discussions and I have a similar one running with my brother and sister-in-law:
- My sister-in-law recently bought a 2012 Golf Bluemotion. That does 60mpg and no road tax. I don't know how much she spent to get it.
- My brother and I had an inheritance come through. He bought a brand-new Octavia eco something estate for £25k. It does much the same as the Golf.
- I bought a 2008 Mazda CX-7 (the one with the MPS 2.3t petrol) with under 30k miles for £8k. It does 23mpg and annual road tax is £475. :shock:

I love to tell them that on total costs my Mazda will be cheaper to own over the period we'll have our cars than either of theirs. And that in the meantime the CX-7 will be a much nicer car to own and drive, being more comfortable, having part-time 4WD and a nice turn of speed when you want to pass a pesky tractor on the A113. And it isn't dastardly diesel, either. 8-) Of course we never agree... :lol:

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Similar whan I bought a Jag.
Neighbour thought I was mental till I pointed out that he had lost more in depreciation on his Ford Focus in a week than the Jag cost me to buy.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Jaz wrote:
pikey wrote:They are selling old model Vespa gts 300 for £3999 that's a better buy
You can't put a price on a way of life :lol:

That's true Jaz it's even on Wikipedia "Vespa it's a way of life " Your buying into a life style. Keep the faith

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

very good point, however good the forza may be Id rather have a GTS 300.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

OK, truth time.

Despite arguing in favour of the Vespa, I'll never have one myself. Don't like 'em, sorry. I'd rather have a Peugeot Django any day.