The Establishment Press...

Have a guess what this section is for? Yes that's right children, it's the place to post all your jokes and funny stuff.
anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

The Establishment Press...

Post by anonstarter »

A man was visiting a zoo when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.

Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her inside his cage, right under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The man runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the man brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him profusely.

A reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter says to the man: 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I've ever seen a man do in my lifetime.'

The chap replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little girl in danger and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this doesn't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page.

So, where are you from, what do you do for a living and what political affiliation do you have?'

The man replies, "I'm from Grimsby, I’m an unemployed fisherman and I’m going to vote for UKIP."

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the man buys the paper to see news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

"RIGHT-WING MAN ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH."
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Re: The Establishment Press...

Post by rjc1944 »

That's just how the BBC would report it as well!
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

nice to see you post lad, how are things in cornwall :?: :kiss:
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Post by rjc1944 »

Hey there Mike - I like the "lad"! If you haven't grown up by the time you're 70, you don't need to!

Cornwall's wet, warm and windy at the moment. Not biking or golf weather - boooo. Still dithering about whether I want a T-Max, Silverwing or BMW C600 Sport as my next (and possibly last) bike. Reading copious reviews and tests but nothing beats a test ride - and that's effectively impossible down here. Maxis are like hen's teeth down in the far southwest. Local Honda/Yam agent has one brand new T-Max in stock, no demos and no Silverwings. Nearest BMW agent is in Plymouth! May have to wait for spring to sprung before doing anything other than read about them!
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.