A new bike for the garage

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
mr fish
Current Ride: CRF1000l Africa twin MSX125

Re: A new bike for the garage

Post by mr fish »

Dave Weller wrote:Did you ride through the Downs inner road and take the unmade road to Headley?
No not this time just up from the shop to banstead

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

horobags wrote:here's me on mine on the 'cat and fiddle' earlier this year. They are fantastic fun, just a bit cramped for 50 miles+.
You still got it or flogged it already?
Dezzie

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Post by Superscoot »

I thought my local runabout (Zontes Tiger 125cc) was small, being about 3/4 size - but yours is ridiculous

I'd be too embarrassed to ride that thing - couldn't stand people laughing at me
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Looks a fun bike. There's something about riding small bikes that makes every ride an adventure and fun. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

Superscoot wrote:I thought my local runabout (Zontes Tiger 125cc) was small, being about 3/4 size - but yours is ridiculous

I'd be too embarrassed to ride that thing - couldn't stand people laughing at me
Thats what there all about, folk get laughed at riding scootz, you just have to be thick skinned and smile knowing the fact your having fun in a different way and your not a sheep like the rest of them, secretly i bet quite a few blokes would have one or a monkey bike but have not got the balls to not give a shite what their mates think, some of the best laughs i have had is on little bikes with like minded people, you get loads of attention and questions and i am an attention whore.
Dezzie

mr fish

Post by mr fish »

bikerdezzie wrote:
Superscoot wrote:I thought my local runabout (Zontes Tiger 125cc) was small, being about 3/4 size - but yours is ridiculous

Thats what there all about, folk get laughed at riding scootz, you just have to be thick skinned and smile knowing the fact your having fun in a different way and your not a sheep like the rest of them, secretly i bet quite a few blokes would have one or a monkey bike but have not got the balls to not give a shite what their mates think, some of the best laughs i have had is on little bikes with like minded people, you get loads of attention and questions and i am an attention whore.
Ive had more positive response from riding this in 2 days than the scoot in 6 months ...its a laugh a minute

mr fish

Post by mr fish »

They point and laugh even when I'm not on a bike

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Post by Superscoot »

I get a lot more respect when on my maxi scooter than when on my 125cc motorcycle

Guess people assume I'm a young yobbo on a motorcycle, and a respectable person when on a maxi scooter

All the negative stuff has occurred whilst on the motorcycle - cars pulling out in front of me, tailgated by a truck blasting his air horn because I was not going round blind bends at 50 mph on a narrow twisty road, somebody hanging out of a 4x4 passenger window shouting at me to buy a car
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

My current bike, sorned at the minute, bit more lairy than the msx, yet always gathers a crowd!

And the pair together -
dax n msx.jpg
Dezzie

mr fish

Post by mr fish »

Superscoot wrote:I get a lot more respect when on my maxi scooter than when on my 125cc motorcycle

Guess people assume I'm a young yobbo on a motorcycle, and a respectable person when on a maxi scooter

All the negative stuff has occurred whilst on the motorcycle - cars pulling out in front of me, tailgated by a truck blasting his air horn because I was not going round blind bends at 50 mph on a narrow twisty road, somebody hanging out of a 4x4 passenger window shouting at me to buy a car
Not respect from cars that will never happen on a small bike i meant from other motorcyclist ..although van drivers seem to like it