12" wheel tyres

For members who own little scooters.
stevew
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 400i

Re: 12" wheel tyres

Post by stevew »

Well that Conti Twist on the rear lasted less than 3k miles, 2885 to be precise :shock: :o
I would understand that if i was riding a Burger 650 or similar, but on a 125 S-wing.......................Nah, that ain't good :evil:
So i won't be using one of those again !
Not only did it wear rapidly but it handles like shit when worn. Really badly affected by road markings and surface deviations and also felt totally unpredictable in the wet.

The OE front (an IRC) was still quite useable but i thought it prudent to change both as the SC-500s are a very different tyre.

Now i have new Anlas SC-500s on both 13" front and 12" rear.
Got them from Mytyres on ebay. Germany based i think but prices are good and delivery was quick enough.
Felt really good riding home but to be fair anything new would feel good after a knackered Conti ;)

I will be trying my best to monitor its performance (subjectively) as it wears and will report back.

Bike odometer says 9785.
Orpington, UK
2014-Honda Wave 110i
2013-Sym Maxsym 400i

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Stevew...
if you don't mind me asking... who do you get to fit your 'own purchase' tyres?

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

Paul iv always usef watling tyres catford. Drive in and use there bays and tools and hand them the rim. Or take rim down with yr new tyre and they fit nrw tyre despose of old one and they will balance scoot tyre but you have to ask they charge £15 for fittind as above
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

stevew
Benefactor

Post by stevew »

Hi Paul,

I use Dave Wilkins in Penge:-

Dave Wilkins motorcycles
59 Jasmine Grove
London
SE20 8JY
davebike1@gmail.com
020 8249 7940
07860 215638

Business hours are :-
Monday to Friday 8am to 5 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________

Remove two wheels fit new tyres and put back together while i wait and watch £50.
Great guy in a small back street workshop. Talks a lot (in a nice way) but really knows his stuff and very thorough with all the little things that you would do yourself like new grease on the spindles etc. Little stuff that matters to me.
I have known Dave for a while now and he shares the workshop with his business partner Simon. Dave does mornings and Simon does the afternoons.

If you do end up there please tell him i sent you 8-)
Orpington, UK
2014-Honda Wave 110i
2013-Sym Maxsym 400i

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

thats good to know steve
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

stevew
Benefactor

Post by stevew »

Just returned from a 700 mile w/e in Wales.
Saturday was pissing all day and we did the mountain road from Tregaren (Devils staircase) and the Elan Valley. It was a challenging and technical ride and the tyres were outstanding.
Sunday was sunny and warm and we rode similar roads near Bala plus fast sweeping roads too. Once again i couldn't fault the new Anlas SC-500s.
This w/e has delivered all types of riding and weather that i could possibly need to suss their performance. My conclusion is they are great at the moment.
Now as they are pretty new we will see how/if their performance deteriorates as they wear. Also i'm wondering how long they will last as they are quite sticky and have an aggressive tread.
Only time will tell ;) ;)
Orpington, UK
2014-Honda Wave 110i
2013-Sym Maxsym 400i

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Pleased you're happy with them thus far bud :) Still not got mine to misbehave yet, I'm pleased to say ;)
Have wheels, will travel :D