Scotland next June 2017

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: Scotland next June 2017

Post by muddyfox »

Morning. Latest from Pikeys Facebook group:-
Anyone booked yet or have a plan ? I'm starting to plan but not booked yet .We don't have to all do the same but be nice to meet up here and there .
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

muddyfox wrote:Morning. Latest from Pikeys Facebook group:-
Anyone booked yet or have a plan ? I'm starting to plan but not booked yet .We don't have to all do the same but be nice to meet up here and there .
:?: :?: :?: :?:

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

As far as I was aware pikey was camping at luss campsite on Loch Lomond on June 17 then he was camping at the "wee camp site" in strathcarron on June 18 and 19 and then onto ullapool thereafter - there are numerous guest houses in the strathcarron area for non campers - to be honest this trip has got me confused - I reckon that everyone should just do there own thing - obviously if you can share a room in a bed and breakfast it will work out cheaper

Pete07bikes
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300 HPE

Post by Pete07bikes »

I'm planning to ride from Kent to the Hawes (or similar) area on my Forza 300 on Saturday the 17th June then find a B&B and continue up to Scotland on Sunday 18th. I'm not camping and would be happy to share a room. Think it best if we wait until March and met up somewhere to discuss numbers, routes etc and then we can make some bookings and firm everything up. I've only got 1 week so will be doing a similar thing Saturday 24th to make my way back to Kent. I want to do Applecross, not fussed about John O''Groats as the West coast is more interesting to me, would like to do the whole NC500 route while I'm there.
Pete
Rainham, Medway Towns, Kent
Honda CB500-XA

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Pete, agree with everything and look forward to meeting up in March.
I will use my Deauville, as it now has very good weather protection, with heated grips and lower leg shields fitted.
Looking forward to going, we are sure to meet up with northern section in our travels.
Regards
Dave
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Just got this on facebook nitification .....

Notifications

Julian Pike deleted the event "Maxi-Muppets Do Scotland NC500 Man V Midge".
50 minutes ago
Have wheels, will travel :D

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

WTF, seriously has the man built up a tour without any organisation then blown it out!!!

I'm not involved in this event but I read this and think they'll be some disappointed folk unless they "carry on regardless"

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

Posted on the 22 December
Alanzzg wrote:I think someone should take the lead and start a new post .
You could meet up with Pikey on route.
If not this post will just keep going around in circles and no one will go no where.
For those who are still planning a trip to Scotland i would start a new post ,
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I'm planning to go, I'm very reluctant to plan much at the moment, purely because I go to Scotland when the 'weather window' is open. The soft southerners will have a meeting in March, best place is on a Wednesday at the Oakdene cafe or !st Thursday at the Hollyville Cafe.
I don't mind co-coordinating the event with Julian or Lyn, as necessary.
As far as I know, Peter is the only one that has to book the time off at work, so will fit in with has wishes, Steve also wants to do the West coast/Applecross, me, I don't care, just need carers to look after me.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Pete07bikes
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300 HPE

Post by Pete07bikes »

Thanks Dave,
I've booked holiday from work from Monday 19th June for a week so I'm planning to leave Kent Saturday 17th June and return Sunday the 25th.
Happy to meet up at Oakdene café next Wednesday (8th) or the 15th in the evening to finalise a few bits - I go to Aussie on the 17th March for a fortnight to see my Daughter so prefer to meet up before then.

Pete
Rainham, Medway, Kent
Forza 300
Bandit 650
Pete
Rainham, Medway Towns, Kent
Honda CB500-XA