I swear this is true

Have a guess what this section is for? Yes that's right children, it's the place to post all your jokes and funny stuff.
Maxster
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

I swear this is true

Post by Maxster »

I was with my 87yr old dad yesterday and he mentioned Shipstones ale and how he hadn't seen it for sale for years and how much he missed it. This morning I did a search and found the nearest pub that sells it. This is it.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: I swear this is true

Post by muddyfox »

Maxster Shiptones was Nottingham local brewery.
Are you you from this area ?
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Maxster
Benefactor

Post by Maxster »

muddyfox wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 am Maxster Shiptones was Nottingham local brewery.
Are you you from this area ?
No, my dad lives in Doncaster where I visit frequently but spend most of my time in Spain

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Maxster wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:01 am
No, my dad lives in Doncaster where I visit frequently but spend most of my time in Spain
No wonder you stay in Spain :lol:

Maxster
Benefactor

Post by Maxster »

Stibbs wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:17 pm
Maxster wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:01 am
No wonder you stay in Spain :lol:
I can't believe how bad it's got over the last decade or more, I waited for someone outside a town centre store for around 15mins and the absolute lowlifes that walk about, druggies are everywhere begging. Mind you Donny is like Monaco compared to Rotherham.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Classy pub!
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

That's a proper pub! I used to work for Shipstones in the 80's. We had a lot of "Characters" which town centre pubs often have.. Shippo's Mild was really good quality stuff. Just like wine but had a bad reputation caused by bad cellar work.i.e pouring slops back into the barrel. The brewery eventually closed early 90's. I did try some "new" Shipstones bitter a couple of years ago in Loughborough. It wasn't the same.

Maxster
Benefactor

Post by Maxster »

Liam wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 am That's a proper pub! I used to work for Shipstones in the 80's. We had a lot of "Characters" which town centre pubs often have.. Shippo's Mild was really good quality stuff. Just like wine but had a bad reputation caused by bad cellar work.i.e pouring slops back into the barrel. The brewery eventually closed early 90's. I did try some "new" Shipstones bitter a couple of years ago in Loughborough. It wasn't the same.
Shipstones Mild is what my dad longed for, he reckons it's the best pint he'd ever had. Shame when so many things we remember from yester year that no longer exist. I remember when Heinz beans were edible

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Maxster wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 pm Mind you Donny is like Monaco compared to Rotherham.
:lol: I'm going up to Rotherham this Saturday. Lovely place!
Maxster wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:44 am
Shipstones Mild is what my dad longed for, he reckons it's the best pint he'd ever had.
icon_thumbs_up.gif