Page 1 of 1
GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:37 am
by Taipan
Hi All,
Might be going back to scoots again. Not sure if I'm too tall for a Forza, so have also been looking for a mk2 Tmax that is ULEZ compliant (I found my MK3 to be too cramped compared to the Mk1/2?). Anyway, I saw one on eBay, but it was for sale last time I was looking which must be best part of a year ago? So just wondered if anyone knew this bike which is at Gildos Bikes in Wisbech?
eBay link.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-XP500 ... 1438.l2649
Re: GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:58 pm
by MrGrumpy
Well, the mk2 is roomier than the mk3. In fact all the other versions are roomier than the mk3! I think the snag for tall people on the mk3 is that the bars are lower than on other versions. Oddly, although I sometimes find the mk3's riding position a bit strange, I actually find it surprisingly comfortable on longer journeys - but I'm only average height.
Re: GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:34 am
by capitano
Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:37 am
it was for sale last time I was looking which must be best part of a year ago?
Yes, I remember seeing this one, on that same dealer's site over a year ago.

Re: GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:50 am
by Taipan
MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:58 pm
Well, the mk2 is roomier than the mk3. In fact all the other versions are roomier than the mk3! I think the snag for tall people on the mk3 is that the bars are lower than on other versions. Oddly, although I sometimes find the mk3's riding position a bit strange, I actually find it surprisingly comfortable on longer journeys - but I'm only average height.
Yes I had to sell my Mk3 as the bars hit my knees on full lock. Shame as I loved the bike. I wanted a Forza but am told i'll suffer the same problem as the are cramped for taller riders.
capitano wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:34 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:37 am
it was for sale last time I was looking which must be best part of a year ago?
Yes, I remember seeing this one, on that same dealer's site over a year ago.
Thought it was, thanks for confirming. I'm wondering if its too dear or an absolute dog now!

Re: GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:13 am
by capitano
Taipan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:50 am
Thought it was, thanks for confirming. I'm wondering if its too dear or an absolute dog now!
At the price/mileage, with 4 owners and with only the small photos on ebay to guide, I'm guessing that there is no incentive for anyone to travel specifically to see it.
I'd guess that a personal visit with cash would get a decent deal on it. Personally I'd have to be sure of paying less than £2k before I travelled to see it, but that's simply my personal opinion, not a assessment of the bike itself.

Re: GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:53 am
by Taipan
Thanks for all the feedback. Decided against it in the end.