Page 1 of 11
Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:24 pm
by Data
Ok guys, still a few weeks off as yet, but who's going this year?
I definitely am going. After the year I've had I deserve to look at nice shiny things and dream!
Oh...it's the 16th-24th November this year.
If you are going post below about it with your preferred day and maybe some of us can meet up.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 pm
by mottza
Maybe...
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:53 pm
by Deleted User 62
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:30 am
by Greyerbeard
Whichever day a) I'm not doing something else, and b) The weather's tolerable - sorry!
Only go if I can go by bike...
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm
by Data
This year I'm definitely going by car. My bro in law cannot sustain a 370 mile ride as he's injured his shoulder amongst other things so I'm the driver. Otherwise, going by bike is always my preferred option, what with free secure parking and all that!
The day I go is as yet to be decided.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:08 pm
by mottza
Data wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm
This year I'm definitely going by car. My bro in law cannot sustain a 370 mile ride as he's injured his shoulder amongst other things so I'm the driver. Otherwise, going by bike is always my preferred option, what with free secure parking and all that!
The day I go is as yet to be decided.
Can I have a lift. Happy to put towards the fuel costs.
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:15 pm
by Data
Actually, Kymco had a stand their last year. Very good it was too. But I know what you mean, kind of. It all depends what you are interested in.
I'm hoping for electric bikes (amongst a lot of other things). They had some there last year but not many. This year it may be better because of the huge demand for them. It seems almost everyone I know is buying an electric bike and the cost is eye watering. My bro in law has just paid out £3,800 for one that wont go faster than 15mph. But it does have a fairly reliable 60 mile range and is very comfy. He could have bought a brand new Honda C125 Cub for a lot less!

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:16 pm
by Data
mottza wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:08 pm
Data wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm
This year I'm definitely going by car. My bro in law cannot sustain a 370 mile ride as he's injured his shoulder amongst other things so I'm the driver. Otherwise, going by bike is always my preferred option, what with free secure parking and all that!
The day I go is as yet to be decided.
Can I have a lift. Happy to put towards the fuel costs.
Yes that will be fine Chris. I'll look forward to it.

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm
by Deleted User 7077
Camp site I'm on has a proper full size electric scooter for running around the site .
Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:29 am
by Data
Meldrew wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:06 pm
Data wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Actually, Kymco had a stand their last year. Very good it was too. But I know what you mean, kind of. It all depends what you are interested in.
I'm hoping for electric bikes (amongst a lot of other things). They had some there last year but not many. This year it may be better because of the huge demand for them. It seems almost everyone I know is buying an electric bike and the cost is eye watering. My bro in law has just paid out £3,800 for one that wont go faster than 15mph. But it does have a fairly reliable 60 mile range and is very comfy. He could have bought a brand new Honda C125 Cub for a lot less!
That's because eBikes are governed to a 15mph maximum, I have seen twin batteries models than can do 28mph and they had a little number plate on them. You probably need some type of motorcycle licence for them as well, and these performance orientated eBikes can cost as much or as more as my Forza.
I'd be surprised if electric bikes were a feature of the traditional NEC bike show though, although I believe they are at the Milan and Cologne shows.don't have to travel down to Brum to see them as there as eBike dealerships here in York and the surrounding area. Brands like Reise & Muller, Trek, Moustache, and Kona etc. The more run of the mill stuff can be seen in Halfords, Go Outdoors, and Evan Cycles.
Yes, I don't think E-bikes will become mainstream at the show, but they did have a few there last year. Given the new C125 Honda Cub is brand new on the road for as little as £2795 from some dealers, my bro in law is feeling slightly uneasy about his decision. He went for a test ride on the Honda. It went really well and I'm told they can achieve up to 180 miles per gallon! But I think that's the WLTP figure or the bike equivalent. At 6'2" tall even I felt comfortable on one. Not sure if that would be the case over big distances though.