Page 1 of 2

Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:27 pm
by tmaxrobbo
Yes had a look at a nice Mk 3 T Max today . 2009 12000 miles big service just done . Nice honest bike . Thought my BMW Evo Scoot would do it all but missed having a T Max . So hope to get it when a chap picks up one of my other bikes . I like the thought of no belt drive like I had on the Mk 6 , and well just getting what I think is the best of the T Max's . Ok maybe cramped but I never had a problem despite being 6 foot 5 . It will be great for winter and beyond . Lets hope that guy turns up tomorrow to take my other bike :mrgreen:

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:20 am
by SkuTorr
"EvoRobbo" would just be silly....

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:01 am
by MrGrumpy
Sounds good! The mk3 is a lot of fun.

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:40 pm
by tmaxrobbo
So …………………………….I bought it !! 12000 miles most of its life lived in France , 2 owners . Lovely condition , needs a bit of tidying , centre stand needs cross bar painting , front mugard needs a bit of a touch up . Oh and a sports screen and Akropovic ;) Looking forward to getting it . Insurance was high to add to my 3 bike policy as they rate it as high on the to be stolen list !

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:42 pm
by tmaxrobbo
Here you go :mrgreen:

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:03 pm
by Stephen
Looks clean.....yes,unfortunately the scumbags do like ‘em,found my Mk 6 within the hour thanks to the tracker,the steering lock was an eye watering price to replace,but that was the only damage,immediate thoughts were to get rid of it and get something less desirable to the “scumbagbag society”really glad i did’nt,got a decent alarm now and the mother of all locks & chains....

Steve

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 pm
by bikerdezzie
My mk3 went to France i took a deep breath until i seen the pics, need any spares i still have rear light lense, front indicator lens, full exhaust, brake disks (under 1k miles) and both boomerangs, all collecting dust.

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:41 am
by tmaxrobbo
Ok so it rides really well, only 12000 miles . New belt and filters 400 miles ago plus full service . I forgot how good the mk 3 is , slower than my old my 4 and 6 but it has a Mallosi variator though I can’t tell the difference. Cosmetically it’s good , few scratches from transportation but otherwise straight . Tyre are good Dunlop’s and everything works . Will be using it a lot over winter as I sold my car . I love the no rear belt drive and it’s pretty analog. Happy days and it will stop my Evo getting destroyed by all the salt incoming soon

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:02 pm
by MrGrumpy
Its also has more fun handling than the mk4! I think you do notice the effect of the Malossi - I seem to recall the mk3 was very stodgy at low speeds in standard form.

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:55 pm
by EvilRacer329
Very nice indeed! I'm considering an exhaust system for my Mk6, but can't find any useful videos of what they actually sound like on the move. Anything sounds cool revving at a stop, but I worry that the CVT would mean it would just drone...

Nick