Page 1 of 2

Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:16 am
by MrGrumpy
Yamaha are unveiling a 300 version of the Tricity in Tokyo..
https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bike ... r-revealed

No details, but it ought to be a good commuter with more grunt than the 125.

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:51 am
by SH125Paul
Was behind a little Tricity 125 the other day... and it was flying on damp roads! rider was picking some good lines 50ish and leaving of the brakes and must of been confident of the front... I was out on the NC...
300 may be just the ticket...
Hopefully they have done their research and the scoot is short enough for the congestion charge... the Urban I think was a little over...
New Tricity 300: The Best Move in Town...
With TfL's maximum length at 2,180mm...
Be daft if it don't include that there 'London Town'...

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:58 am
by Capt. R Swipe
Well spotted Mr G. It looks an interesting machine; it would benefit from a good amount of storage and a little more legroom than the 125 Tricity and also to make it more than an expensive commuter.
I wonder if a trip to this year's NEC might be a break from the norm and a day out; haven't been for some years now.

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:22 pm
by MrGrumpy
I sometimes wonder if Yamaha produced something like a 3 wheel Tmax whether I'd buy it or stick to the 2 wheel version....

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:34 pm
by MrGrumpy
Its on the Yamaha UK website so it looks like it's coming to the UK.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/produ ... icity-300/

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:19 pm
by poldark
MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:34 pm Its on the Yamaha UK website so it looks like it's coming to the UK.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/produ ... icity-300/

Excellent news I'd begun to give up hope of a bigger engined Tricity popcorn.gif

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 pm
by horobags
this is a good move from Yamaha, I'd love a test ride on one.

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:21 am
by Greyerbeard
horobags wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 pm this is a good move from Yamaha, I'd love a test ride on one.
Agreed - I found the 125 both cramped and gutless; but a 300 would be 'interesting' - especially if it's the excellent X-Max engine.

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:30 am
by MrGrumpy
Greyerbeard wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:21 am
horobags wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 pm this is a good move from Yamaha, I'd love a test ride on one.
Agreed - I found the 125 both cramped and gutless; but a 300 would be 'interesting' - especially if it's the excellent X-Max engine.
Its described as the 300cc Blue Core engine so you'd be very surprised if it wasn't the Xmax engine.

Re: Tricity 300 Unveiled

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 am
by XP500FUN
But looks like great suspension at the front, same old at the back oddly.

When oh when will they get a grip on thier rears !!!

Doesn`t look so feet forwardey.

But does look very nice.