Page 1 of 1

New Years Day Happening.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:09 pm
by Sylar
For the past fifteen years or so I have always gone to Southport on New years day. Gradually, usually if the weather is fine, more and more people turn up, till now well over a hundred Bikes turn up. Today I got there earlier than normal around noon. Parked up as normal. After about half an hour the Big bad boys turned up, a crowed of Harley and similar sized deafening monstrosities. Most looked they had just left the Showroom so , I guess could not have come very far. I had my cup of tea and biscuit ( and cigar). I got on my Cruisym 300 and it purred unto life and rode home . Only one thing I was the only Scooter rider there. I usually ride to Southport on Wednesdays, if it is raining next week, I bet I will be the only one there, I usually am :roll: .

Re: New Years Day Happening.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:23 pm
by horobags
I used to do a new years eve ride, as on new years day Im not up to riding. I bet the roads are empty early on. I often go to the Carousel in Southport, through Rivington, Chorley/Euxton, a great ride, but as with all biker meets these days, certain groups ( Harley/BMW for example) stick to themselves and tend to ignore others which is sad. If its got 2 wheels I'm interested , times are defo changing.

Re: New Years Day Happening.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 am
by Symcity
Syler I appreciate your sentiment however I’m quite sure if you converse with the big bad boys as you put it then the same big bad boys are gonna be receptive to you - I’ve been a big bad boy in the past with my shiny bmw twat suit et al however I’ve never ever demeaned any other biker including scooterists - nuff said

Re: New Years Day Happening.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:41 pm
by Sylar
I think my post has been misunderstood. I have no problem with what other people ride. I have had motorcycles since I was sixteen, and only got a scooter ten years ago because of back problems, that is fifty nine years. I am the most unsociable person you could ever hope to meet, I don't start conversations because I have hearing problems and would rather not keep saying "what was that". I just prefer a nice quite single or twin. That is why riding in groups is not for me either. I sat alone having my cigar and just watch other people that is what I do.

Re: New Years Day Happening.

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:19 am
by Deleted User 7077
Who remembers The "Hamlet" adverts lol

Re: New Years Day Happening.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:58 pm
by Sylar
Yes I was the only one in Southport today, just as I thought, it might have something to do with being retired though. My first cigar was a Castella my daughter used to buy me five Hamlet cigars a week, as payment, for taking her to work and back on whatever bike I had at the time. I presently smoke Alhambra Coronas that I buy on my visits to Spain.

Re: New Years Day Happening.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 pm
by Stibbs
Sylar wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:58 pm Yes I was the only one in Southport today, just as I thought, it might have something to do with being retired though. My first cigar was a Castella my daughter used to buy me five Hamlet cigars a week, as payment, for taking her to work and back on whatever bike I had at the time. I presently smoke Alhambra Coronas that I buy on my visits to Spain.
Hamlets?
When I was trying to pack up smoking over 30 years ago I did what a lot do and try to cut down cigarettes by alternating to cigars/pipe in the vacuous belief I’d ween myself off, eventually.
However when I went from 30 cigarettes a day to 4 packs of hamlet (yes, 20 cigars) a day I knew I had a slight addiction.... 8-) 8-) :o
Not long after this nicotine fest I did, indeed, pack it in :D :shock:

Re: New Years Day Happening.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:59 pm
by Sylar
Well I only smoke one cigar after a fairly long ride . One in Southport on Wednesdays and one in Glasson dock on Sundays. Never smoked cigs at all.