Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Post by Data »

Pretty sure no one actually owns the Pegasus on here. It's not been out long and what with Covid, it's probable not many of us have had the chance to even view one. But there is quite a bit of interest from some of us. I would like to try one out but currently I'm very happy with my GTS300 Vespa and if I did go for a Pegasus I'd be keeping the Vespa because, well it's a keeper. Of just as much interest to me is going to be the Zontes 300 scooter. It has a bigger engine than the Lexmoto and will produce more power I'm told (312cc engine as against the Lexmoto 276cc). Zontes is probably just a bit better quality too. It's backed by a much bigger dedicated manufacturer with parts and backup all over the world. But either the Lexmoto or Zontes are fine scooters from what I'm reading. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

I see they have a range of E bikes as well but none too powerfull yet. But as for top speed how many 70 mph roads do you use every day ? We have about 300 yds of dual carriageway on the Isle :o

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Personally speaking I use the infamous A12 dual carriageway almost everyday on the Vespa. So for me it's nice to have some performance, speed, but not a total necessity of course. I often glide along at 60-65mph for mile after mile on motorways, it's remarkably relaxing! The 300 Pegasus will be fine on the isle, so would the Zontes. The Zontes is probably nicer if two up I'm guessing as it has loads of torque. I don't think top speed between the two will be too different but we must wait for the launch of the Zontes to find out. Spares for both bikes should not be a problem these days so whichever one anyone goes for will be fine.

Don't know if you've seen this: https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/models/TR300T-P Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Bennetts review of the bike.

I note the tester says 19.5hp. The Lexmoto sites says 26hp. I'm guessing maybe the tester is quoting "at the rear wheel figures" or it's a typo on his behalf. The Zontes scooter is 32hp. Notably more powerful.

wightegi

Post by wightegi »

Tartan Cobbler
Benefactor
Current Ride: nothing

Post by Tartan Cobbler »

I think the Lexmoto pegasus is called the Wottan Storm in Europe, plenty of reviews on YouTube if you can understand the lingo

wightegi

Post by wightegi »

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

wightegi wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:42 am Wottan Storm https://wottanmotor.com/en/storm-s
I've only got as far as the first page but immediately I like it - they have actual real colours! Not just the white/black/grey we usually get offered. I'm especially liking the yellow. And the red. And the blue. Ok, I like all of 'em....
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

wightegi

Post by wightegi »

You would get a lot of nods from other bikers on that .

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

It is (the Pegasus or Wottan) probably slightly better looking than the Zontes 310 scooter in my eyes. But I'm attracted to the extra power of the Zontes. Then again...the price of the Lexmoto Pegasus is soooo much better than the Zontes. Don't know what the Storm Wottan will cost.

wightegi

Post by wightegi »

The Wotan comes in at 3900 euros or about £3500 . I have a cunning plan to repaint my Xevo in Vespa Dragon red .