Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Post by Data »

I've not found any dealers for the Wotton over here in the UK. But plenty of Lexmoto dealers so the Pegasus is a possible good purchase and everyone who rides it seems more than happy with the way it performs and the quality of it. However Zontes also have lots of dealers already and the extra power still appeals to me. Also the quality of Zontes is likely even better than the Lexmoto or Wotton. Zontes designs and builds everything in house including every parts for the motor, except for the brakes and fuel injection etc. The Zontes brand is also notably more expensive than Lexmoto or Wotton. So that's something to consider.

Zontes independant article

In the article above, the tour of the factory impressed everyone. Can't be bad.

https://www.bikesrepublic.com/featured/ ... s-factory/
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

mottza wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:49 pm 125 km/h is a bit poor.
I struggled to get above 80mph on a Honda Forza 300 (later one) which is 129 kph so not much behind

Depends if it has enough guts to maintain 70 on hills really...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

According to GPS I can hit just over 70mph on my 2019 Forza but the mpg drops dramatically, a sign to me that it is beginning to struggle. On the Xmax 300 and J300 before that, it was a lot easier to maintain a good motorway speeds. The 350 should bring the Forza up to the level of those two.

BTW, I really wish Kawasaki had bothered to upgrade the J300 since launch - I really miss my 2014 one but in 2021 it doesn't stack up anymore.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

The reason the Kawasaki hasn't been updated is almost certainly due to licencing restrictions arrived at during doing the deal with Kymco. Kymco doesn't want Kawasaki suddenly presenting a better version of their scooter that could potentially take sales away from them. There are all sorts of other issues involved too. So Kawasaki have been content to just let it run.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yeah, but when the J300 came out, it was more or less a clone of the Downtown 300 (with a few aesthetic tweaks). But you'd have thought the Kawa version would keep in step with the Kymco - after all Kymco build it! Presumably Kymco continue to build old versions of the Downtown just to sell to Kawa, which doesn't sound like a sensible business practice.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Actually, it was quite a bit more than a clone of the Kymco. It had new ecu software to give it more midrange power, entirely different brakes, suspension was tweeked differently, and I seem to remember the fuel injection was different too. Also the frame was modded and of course there were lots of other changes that were more cosmetic. So in reality it was already just a bit ahead of the Kymco. Remember too it was a whole lot more expensive than the Kymco at the time when it first came out and this was all agreed by Kawasaki in their agreement with Kymco and therefore was not a threat to Kymco sales. This midrange 300cc area is hotly contested with everyone trying to protect their sales.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

And Kymco dropped the Downtown not too long after the J300 can out.

A friend had a Downtown so we did a comparison: the Downtown had slightly better leg room bit in every other respect was poorer. Battery/fuse access and ease of putting your legs down were differences not readily obvious.

Being available in that black and green was a big thing for me as well, as not only did it look stunning but the Kymco was only available in white.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Yeah I remember that about the colours. The Kawasaki did look fantanstic.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

StephenC wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 am
A friend had a Downtown so we did a comparison: the Downtown had slightly better leg room bit in every other respect was poorer. Battery/fuse access and ease of putting your legs down were differences not readily obvious.
You also parked next to Bill Dog's Downtown at High Beach tea hut, which is when I could see the physical difference between the 2. 8-)

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

capitano wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:52 am
StephenC wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 am
You also parked next to Bill Dog's Downtown at High Beach tea hut, which is when I could see the physical difference between the 2. 8-)
Oh yes, I remember that! There were quite a few of us there that day. :)