Exciting Bike I wonder if ??? ( Enfield 650 twin )

Chat about any motorbike here.
poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: Exciting Bike I wonder if ??? ( Enfield 650 twin )

Post by poldark »

If we're only talking about the Interceptor 650 then build quality is no concern to me.

Having ridden one it is nimble and plenty powerful enough, the finish is very good and launch was delayed 6 months to ensure dynamics and QC is equal to big 4 Jap companies.

Many Jap bikes are now made in cheaper labour countries (Indonesia, Taiwan etc) and with recent big RE investment.in R&D site (nr Hinckley, stealing many Triumph staff), they are on a level playing field BUT many £££s lower.

The Interceptor is in effect the first model of a new brand, not to be compared to any previous models, none of which were developed for the overseas market.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I totally agree, really good build quality for the price they are very different to the 500 models.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I read on Facebook 500 being dropped due euro 5 emissions

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

I do like Enfields, and one day I might even get round to owning one. However, if someone re-made the BSA Sunbeam/Triumph Tigress with a decent engine, say the Forza 300 motor*, stuck a disc brake on and gave it 12V electrics and decent suspension etc. I'd be right in there.

*when I say a Forza 300 motor I do, of course, mean a Honda one, not one stuck together from re-cycled IKEA cutlery in the No. 43 Flying Fish Engineering Factory in downtown Shenzen.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

That Sunbeam brings back memories, used to service one belonging to a lady bus conductor,
it was the 175cc one powered by a modified force air cooled bantam engine, the 250 had a
one of twin engine.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Dave Weller wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:16 pm I've ridden one and very nice it is, a good retro bike, but I have a CBF600S which I have to do a p-ex for it. Comparing the 2 bikes, it would be madness to go ahead with a deal. Have to stick with Honda build quality, cheaper tax and insurance, 4 cylinder smooth engine.
But as a biker, I'm mad and have a grasshopper mind, so watch this space!!
P.S. Also like the Himalayan, rummer has it that the 650 engine will be offered soon.
Dave pop down the road and try [I could,nt] to get your leg over,i tried very tall,but I have a bad back,and the bloke had to hold to get me off
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.