Page 1 of 1

XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:55 pm
by RobiXmax
Greeatings all
Apart from the SE Tech Max 300 looking very cool (IMO) with its special paint, gold wheels and padded leather compartments!, I wonder if any other eagle-eyed owners like me spotted the tachometer in the website pictures? According to it, the 300 now revs out to 12,000, with a red line at 10,000rpm. Must be some mistake I thought, thinking this was perhaps the 400 motor and tey've used the wrong image but no, the 400 revs out at 9k like my 300 with no red line.

Has the engine been moded for 2020? Or for this model? Can anyone shed any light?
Image

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:13 pm
by Ralph
It may have it on the rev counter but it wont get there, it's a long stroke engine
piston speed would be pretty high at those revs probably a marketing ploy or
using the counter off a smaller higher revving engine to save a few pennies.

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:30 am
by StephenC
Sorry to say that the same photo is on the Yamaha UK site for the Xmax 125 which is rated for max power at 8750rpm, making a 10k limit more likely. https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/baltic/en/p ... techspecs/

Anyway, the engine on the 300 is the last thing they should have on their list for improvement.

And BTW, there's no Xmax 400 listed now. Not sure when it disappeared but it isn't there now.

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 am
by Greyerbeard
Leather knee pads won't help you see in the dark....I wonder if there's a proper main beam in those new headlights? ;-)

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:18 am
by StephenC
Greyerbeard wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 am I wonder if there's a proper main beam in those new headlights? ;-)

Exactly! I would certainly have another but only if those lights are improved. Otherwise, I just can't as I live out where there are no streetlights.

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm
by lenny
StephenC wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:18 am
Greyerbeard wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 am I wonder if there's a proper main beam in those new headlights? ;-)

Exactly! I would certainly have another but only if those lights are improved. Otherwise, I just can't as I live out where there are no streetlights.
[/quot
would you have another xmax over the Forza, not withstanding the headlights. 👍

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:07 pm
by StephenC
lenny wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm
StephenC wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:18 am
Greyerbeard wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 am I wonder if there's a proper main beam in those new headlights? ;-)

Exactly! I would certainly have another but only if those lights are improved. Otherwise, I just can't as I live out where there are no streetlights.
[/quot
would you have another xmax over the Forza, not withstanding the headlights. 👍
Tough one. That Bluecore engine is a big draw (power & economy) but the rear suspension wasn't great. On the other hand the Forza's leccy screen is more useful than I thought it would be and the storage is better. Of course something else (electric?) might come along in the next 2 years that I have the finance on the Forza for. Speaking of which, a 0% finance deal could swing the decision either way very easily. And colour choice, too. The Forza seems to look much the same no matter what colour you specify. At least Yamaha dropped that bronze option. So if one were available in a nice bright red, yellow or blue I could go for that.


If the above sounds like a stream of random thoughts, it was!

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:08 pm
by StephenC
lenny wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm
StephenC wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:18 am


Exactly! I would certainly have another but only if those lights are improved. Otherwise, I just can't as I live out where there are no streetlights.
would you have another xmax over the Forza, not withstanding the headlights. 👍
Tough one. That Bluecore engine is a big draw (power & economy) but the rear suspension wasn't great. On the other hand the Forza's leccy screen is more useful than I thought it would be and the storage is better. Of course something else (electric?) might come along in the next 2 years that I have the finance on the Forza for. Speaking of which, a 0% finance deal could swing the decision either way very easily. And colour choice, too. The Forza seems to look much the same no matter what colour you specify. At least Yamaha dropped that bronze option. So if one were available in a nice bright red, yellow or blue I could go for that.


If the above sounds like a stream of random thoughts, it was!

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:00 pm
by RobiXmax
StephenC wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:30 am Sorry to say that the same photo is on the Yamaha UK site for the Xmax 125 which is rated for max power at 8750rpm, making a 10k limit more likely. https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/baltic/en/p ... techspecs/

Anyway, the engine on the 300 is the last thing they should have on their list for improvement.

And BTW, there's no Xmax 400 listed now. Not sure when it disappeared but it isn't there now.
Here's the 400, taken off the UK site. Sloppy marketing if the pic I referred to is taken from the 125. I certainly wasn't implying there is anything wrong with the 300 engine, we all know its a peach. I've only done 5.5k miles but I swear it is still getting faster and smoother. the Techmax looks cool but its a cheeky price at nearly 6k.

Image

Re: XMax 300 TechMax 2020

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:24 pm
by Coolcarbon
Picked mine up on Monday, 6 months old, less than 300 miles on it which I increased by 50% riding it back from west Sussex to Somerset...quite a nice wee thing...
Image