Will you Be riding the roads. ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Will you Be riding the roads. ?

Post by mottza »

I stopped and did a few steps. This was for my mental health.

I'll probably won't be out for a while after today.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

DTO
Current Ride: X-max 300

Post by DTO »

Back to work from last week so scooter used every day :)

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

I have been using the Xevo for shopping trips , but today I started back as a volunteer at the Needles National Coastwatch tower, so I got to do more miles There seems to be a lot of car crashes at the moment so be careful out there.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Yes, TBH I already was doing before lockdown was relaxed. I have 2 supermarkets with unmanned pumps nearby for fuel and I meet no-one while I'm out so I don't see what difference it makes to anyone.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Quite so.

It seems to me, in the light of what scientists and medical professionals - doctors, that is - are saying, the do's and don't's are matters of conjecture.

The 'Today' programme this morning had knowledgeable speakers talking in a very sensible way as well as the chairman of National Rail, Sir Peter Hendry, yet another self-appointed expert on the virus, who concluded his interview by saying that if the Rail operators and people work together over social distancing on the Network: 'I think we can make this as safe as we can.'

Just about sums it up!
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Well you would`nt catch me on a train or bus until they mandate Masks or face overings on them or in shops etc.

I went for a walk last night and as going up a track on a hill a I did`nt hear coming cyclist puffed past me from behind about 5mm away.

We are in a Pandemic !!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

It has always struck me as bizarre that there are no limits whatsoever for cyclists, despite the fact that with all the effort needed their heavy breathing seems a million times more likely to spread the virus than people driving cars!

This whole thing is very ironic - we've had empty roads, the sunniest and driest April on record, cheap petrol (now below £1 a litre in places) and yet we've hardly been out anywhere!

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

I went out Saturday for a nice ride to Broadway for an hour or so and there were lots of bikers out and about, it felt good to be riding again.I also walk everyday with the better half and i"ve been doing all the shopping over the lockdown.I think nearly everyone i have come across has been polite and have been social distancing, I think that the government can only give us guide lines, we shouldn't be waiting for them to tell us every little thing we can or can"t do we are all adults and need to use common sense.
I think those people that don"t feel safe can always self isolate at home, they have that choice.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

There are apparently stopping Bikers in the North East, but it is quite bad this way.

I always thought joggers and cyclists should be tyold to wear a mask myself with the out puffings.

I`ve got sore throat today, hoping thats a bit soon to tell !!!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

XP500FUN wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:25 am There are apparently stopping Bikers in the North East, but it is quite bad this way.

I always thought joggers and cyclists should be tyold to wear a mask myself with the out puffings.

I`ve got sore throat today, hoping thats a bit soon to tell !!!
Cyclists and joggers are moving quickly, hence time in the same airspace is brief.

If you were jogging or cycling at the same pace as them, the chances are much higher that you would be breathing in greater concentrations of what they exhale.

Add to that the activities are conducted outside where the dispersion is greater and the concentration less.

You are facing a far greater risk walking close to someone at a similar pace.

The benefits of cycling and jogging far outweigh any risks of spreading the virus.