Honda Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Honda Forza 350

Post by MrGrumpy »

123kajote wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:01 pm drove 60km today ... and then my hands got cold, so I understand why it would make sense to heating the handles.
Get some handebar Muffs!! Tucano Urbano do the best ones!

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

Anyone fitted the transparent hand guards that I've seen on 125 Forzas? Not sure I want to go for the muffs, but as the bodywork offers no real protection, I'll need to do something before the weather gets cold.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

I've been using the same pair of Tucano Urbano muffs for years on TMax, XMax 300 and they'll be going on the Forza 350 when winter starts - they're excellent!
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

123kajote
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by 123kajote »

Greyerbeard wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:40 am I've been using the same pair of Tucano Urbano muffs for years on TMax, XMax 300 and they'll be going on the Forza 350 when winter starts - they're excellent!
I have no experience with this type of wind protection, is there no problem with steering control?
How quickly can you get out of the Bar Muffs in a dangerous situation?

thanks

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Muffs can take a little getting used to, but if fitted correctly they have no impact on steering or anything like that - though accessing things like indicator buttons can become more tricky. Again, its getting used to them. Normally there is no issue whatsoever getting hands out of the muffs, though I have had some cheap and nasty muffs in the past where the opening has been a bit restrictive. btw if you do want to fit heated grips, having muffs makes them much more effective as the heat is retained within the muff.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I agree totally; I've never had a problem with the muffs on any of my maxiscooters.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

I have had muffs on all of my scooters over the last 20yrs but I went for heated grips on the Forza. This is because on most scooters the handlebar controls are mostly intuitive but after 9k miles over 2years I still cannot hit the Forza's switches first time, every time: there are too many and the positioning of the horn and indicator seem odd. So not being able to see the switches when muffs are fitted makes me nervous.

This is a personal view of course and others may have no problem.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I've read somewhere that the Forza 750 also has unusually placed minor controls, with the horn and indicator switches the wrong way round. Have Honda taken over from BMW as the kings of annoyingly placed controls??? If you had just one (Honda) scooter, I guess you'd get used to it quite soon, but if you are swapping between a Honda and something else, it could well continue to be frustrating!!!

lenny
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by lenny »

I think it coincided with the introduction of dct, positioning the downshift button at the bottom of the LH cluster. It seems they have decided to configure all models the same. I owned a Yamaha xsr700 which also had an unconventional horn button position.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

123kajote wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 am
I have no experience with this type of wind protection, is there no problem with steering control?
How quickly can you get out of the Bar Muffs in a dangerous situation?

thanks
As others have said, I've not had any problem with steering clearances - but you do have to train your left thumb to find the indicator switch, and you may not be able to use the headlight flasher depending on bike. It's worth getting decent quality muffs, with something rigid to stop them collapsing onto the brake levers at speed.
Personal choice and for me the benefits of warm dry hands are worth it, especially with heated grips. Have never needed to get my hands out quickly...I guess if you arrange your life in fear of dangerous situations, you'll never do anything! Personal opinion only :)
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350