Page 1 of 1
London Trip Parking Tips needed
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:12 pm
by Scootalli
Hi All
I need to go London next week and wondering if anyone has tips for parking.
I understand that the scooters are exempt from all charges so I can just drive to central London, but where to park.
I am a little concerned about theft or course, but was thinking I could just park in a Soho underground carpark and pay for it (like I used to when I had a car), but not sure if they allow motorbikes/scooters in.
Have tried the on street parking before, but my experience was they were very crowded so you risk damage, very rare to be able to get the bike locked to something and quite often full.
Any tips?
Last time I went was on the PCX quite a few years ago. Will be going to central london btw
Re: London Trip Parking Tips needed
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:05 pm
by StephenC
Most bike bays are free in London except for Westminster, which charges a £1 a day. If you use one on a Red Route in Westminster though they are run by TfL, who don't charge.
Carparks can vary so although I know the one off Trafalgar Square is free you should check the website of the one you want to use to be sure. As an example, NCP says:The tariff for motorcycle parking varies and depends on which car park you choose. You’ll be able to find more information about motorcycle tariffs by searching `Find a Car Park` on our website and where detailed information for the car park you wish to use can be found. If there‘s no specific motorcycle tariff for the car park you wish to use, then the standard charges will apply.
The best tip is to try and secure the bike to something, use locks at each end and preferably a cover over it all as well.
Re: London Trip Parking Tips needed
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:55 pm
by Stephen
Scootalli wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:12 pm
Hi All
I need to go London next week and wondering if anyone has tips for parking.
I understand that the scooters are exempt from all charges so I can just drive to central London, but where to park.
I am a little concerned about theft or course, but was thinking I could just park in a Soho underground carpark and pay for it (like I used to when I had a car), but not sure if they allow motorbikes/scooters in.
Have tried the on street parking before, but my experience was they were very crowded so you risk damage, very rare to be able to get the bike locked to something and quite often full.
Any tips?
Last time I went was on the PCX quite a few years ago. Will be going to central london btw
Parking might be a bit easier as people are still working from home,not all work places are fully up and running,but be aware you have something the little darling scooter thieves like,good lock & chains needed,two would be good,unsure exactly where you are going in central London,google earth and drop the little man in for a walkabout you can see the motorcycle parking bays then.......
Steve
Re: London Trip Parking Tips needed
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:41 pm
by Scootalli
Thanks, will check those suggestions out.,
I have a massive chain, was thinking of taking the motorbike, but it would be hard work taking the lock on the motorbike and I would prefer the comfort on a journey like that
Re: London Trip Parking Tips needed
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:25 pm
by rossm
A lot of the bike bays have anchor points now (which is good) & as mentioned still a lot of people working from home so a fair amount of space available during the week (is where I am up on Baker street)
Re: London Trip Parking Tips needed
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:18 pm
by Scootalli
Thanks
