General advice / "mid size" Maxi

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 4154

Re: General advice / "mid size" Maxi

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:07 pm Now, I'm not an expert on London scrote appeal of various scooters, but in my experience of owning various scoots of ascending sizes and commuting (fortunately to an office with a security person), the smaller scoots can be more attractive to such people than the bigger ones. The security man at my office often used to report that the local chavs would occasionally look over small scoots, but the bigger ones were of no interest to them - presumably seeming too big, heavy and generally intimidating to people who intended to ride it without the benefit of any training or experience!
What I have read suggests that these scumbags are nicking more powerful twist and gos to use two up in stealing other bikes, or undertaking other kinds of crime that require a fast getaway (and, as you say, less rider input) plus the ability to disappear up narrow alleys and so on. Therefore the Vespa 250/300, the Xmax, and Tmax are the things that I have been reading about disappearing in short order.. All Mayor Khan seems to be willing to say on the subject is that it's your own fault for not having enough locks; nice victim shaming there, eh?

Me, I'll take village life in the middle of nowhere every time...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: General advice / "mid size" Maxi

Post by MrGrumpy »

Jaz wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:45 pm [

What I have read suggests that these scumbags are nicking more powerful twist and gos to use two up in stealing other bikes, or undertaking other kinds of crime that require a fast getaway (and, as you say, less rider input) plus the ability to disappear up narrow alleys and so on. Therefore the Vespa 250/300, the Xmax, and Tmax are the things that I have been reading about disappearing in short order..
Yes, I think the Piaggio Bev 350ST may be the scumbag's wet dream as its small and seriously fast! I think the Tmax is popular in Europe amongst scumbags, but maybe not so much in the UK?? Though there may be a discerning minority here that appreciate its abilities!