Page 1 of 1
TMax Tyres
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:34 am
by Scootalli
Hi
So have completed the final test for my T Max and it has passed.
Have run it in, done motorways, done back roads, done towns, done night riding and last few days have got some proper wet weather under its belt and it passed every test!
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the OEM tyres, Dunlop Roadsmart.
Have always like Michelin city grip on scoots but these aren't available on the TMax.
I have found the DUnlops all good in the wet, but maybe people have other ideas or have switched later to another type?
I want a solid all weather tyre (Which to be fair the Dunlops seem to be) so just want other opinions
Cheers
Re: TMax Tyres
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:28 pm
by MrGrumpy
Well, if you are happy with the Dunlops, stick with them!
btw which version of the Tmax do you have?
I haven't tried Dunlop Roadsmarts, but I haven't been overly impressed by previous Dunlops for the Tmax. Not bad, but the feel wasn't quite as good as I'd expect.
I've recently used Michelin Pilot Road 4 on my 2009 mk3 and 2017 mk6 versions. They work pretty well - they give quite a light feel. Wet grip pretty good.
The OEs on my 2017 Tmax were Bridgestone SC2s, which I've also refitted to the 2017 Tmax. I think I marginally prefer the B.stones to the Michelins - a slightly heavier but grippier feel, and probably slightly better in the wet. I haven't found that the Dual Compound Michelin PR4s last any longer than the B.stones.
You like Michelin City Grips? I had them on a couple of smaller scoots and hated them in the wet!
Re: TMax Tyres
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:59 pm
by Scootalli
I have a think a MKVI, its a 2019 bike model year.
Will see how the Dunlops last, maybe they are a winner on the TMax.
Had the Michelins on a Forza 125 and PCX
The only tyres I didnt like were the IRCs on the PCX, but the michelins were the best I have tried, but of course tyres can be bike specific.
Dry weather isnt such an issue on these bikes as there isnt enough power to make a difference so to me it is all down to the wet weather performance...
See how long they last I guess

Re: TMax Tyres
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:24 pm
by MrGrumpy
Yes, well IRC are a bit dodgy. I had one on an old Yamaha Majesty and it was fine for a while, then totally lost grip, despite having lots of tread! Some people love CityGrips, but they gave me no feel!
Yes, you probably have a mk6 like me. The base model (in 2017 anyway) came with Bridgestones as OE whilst the DX model had Dunlops - no idea why! As I said, the Michelin PR4s work fine on this model, though I think I slightly prefer the Bridgestones. One day I'll try Metzelers - I've never ever ridden these, but I've seen good reviews of them. People here have also tried the Pirelli option (diablo rosso?) and like them.
Re: TMax Tyres
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:33 pm
by Stephen
When i took delivery of my Tmax DX it was brand new and fitted with Bridgestones,so thats what i replaced them with,Bridgestones were fitted on my X-ADV when new,so when needed thats what i replaced them with,all 6 Burgman 650’s i have owned have had Bridgestones,no “tank slapping”incidents at all.....so clearly i am happy with that particular make.
Steve
Re: TMax Tyres
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:57 pm
by Scootalli
Thanks for info
Just checked the T Max, been out for 200 miles today, so today was a good day.
Tyres on it are Dunlop Roadsmart III
Seems a bit weird to fit different tyres to different versions of the same bike!
Re: TMax Tyres
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:21 am
by Rocketman122
I have michelin city grip on hd200. Very soft. Decent all around. Doesn't last long
I have Dunlop scootsmart on b400 absolute garbage
Ive had meztler feel free. Decent. Doesnt last long
Ive also used pirella diablo rosso. Thats a MF tire. Sticky amazing in rain as well. Doesnt last long
Their angel tirw is a head to head woth michelin ciry grips. Havrnt used
Ive also tried cst tires whixh is owned by maxxis. Both maxxis and cst were ok. Not rhe best grip wear is decent
I will only use diablo rosso forward. Though hard to find. No experince with bridgestone as their price is too high here
Others i tried are duro. Some crap asian co. They last longer but its sn economy tire
I do plan on trying to darkside come summer with my maxsym 600
Re: TMax Tyres
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:14 am
by spdtwn
For grip ,handling ,comfort & confidence, especially in the wet (sounds like a promo ) I'd rank Metzeler FeelFree Wintec right up there.