Page 1 of 2

Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:25 pm
by maxsymiser
thinking about trading in my tmax and interceptor 650 and just having just one, so any
one tried or owned a x-adv got any comments?

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:43 pm
by Scootalli
I used to own one,

Great bike, only reason I sold as I was on a power trip and ended up trading for a powerful motorbike...

It is quicker than TMax,

DCT can be a bit annoying, but is mostly very good.

Check your helmet fits under the seat, later ones (I think) have a little more room

Later ones also have a G Button for off road, the early ones didnt have.

Wheels are an arse to clean!

Chain is a pain, but I never oiled mine anyway!

Screen is not adjustable on the move (unless you ride no handed), but you dont need tools

I got fuel cut outs when driving like a loon on low fuel and even ran out once!

Gets loads of attention

I had gloss silver one (early colour) and was epic

Matt paintwork versions not so interesting to me

You really need top box with it, I can cope on the tmax without one, but used the top box on the x adv

Fuel economy is better than TMax

Hasnt go the creature comforts of the TMax (DX)

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:25 pm
by maxsymiser
Thanks for that

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm
by MrGrumpy
I had a test ride once, and posted my comments. It was generally good, but I really didn't like the engine with its 'motorcycle' style vibes - obviously a question of personal taste. It felt like a strange combo of Harley Davidson, adventure bike and maxi-scoot! Underseat space OK for a full face helmet but nothing else. It feel very tall....I could get my foot on the ground but I seemed a very long way down!

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:36 pm
by bikerdezzie
My mates got his up for sale if your interested as his GS beemer is back out of retirement so the Hondas out of favour as he likes the power and comfort of the beemer more.

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:05 am
by Rocketman122
Neighbor has one. He says he likes it but preferred the foot forward of his b650 and the larger boot. He enjoys the power though
Its tall. Im 183cm/6ft and its too tall even for me. Take a test drive.

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:56 am
by Stephen
I have a x-adv as well as a tmax dx,both to me are great and i will be out on my Honda later this morning to meet a few lads for breakfast,i have had no complaints about the Honda,the dct gear box is great,I normally ride in sport 1,performs well and has a good turn of speed if you desire it,no problem filtering,at 5’7’ i can have my feet on the ground although not completely flat footed,service intervals at every 8k miles is good,got side protector bars on mine and engine bars,have mounted spot lights on The engine bars to give extra presence,i have the 2018 model which i think has the updated dct more rider modes and the gravel button,as to what that is iam still unsure🤔

No feet forward,underseat storage is very limited,i have a topbox on mine,usually ride with the screen on position 3,first chain driven bike for years bit of a pain chain oiling/cleaning (been a big burger rider for years)

I am due to change mine next year and will chop both bikes in for a new 560cc tmax,not doing the milage now to warrant two bikes.

Steve

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 am
by roadster
I had a test ride and was seriously considering it but I found I couldn't get my feet down properly now that I am at a (shrinking!) 5' 10-11". I was also not impressed by the transmission compared to an ordinary belt/variator. If you like the riding position and have long legs it could be a very good choice. I was looking to combine the benefits of bike and scooter and replace both of mine with one machine. I have found that the AK550 did that perfectly for me.

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:41 am
by lenny
Stephen wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:56 am I have a x-adv as well as a tmax dx,both to me are great and i will be out on my Honda later this morning to meet a few lads for breakfast,i have had no complaints about the Honda,the dct gear box is great,I normally ride in sport 1,performs well and has a good turn of speed if you desire it,no problem filtering,at 5’7’ i can have my feet on the ground although not completely flat footed,service intervals at every 8k miles is good,got side protector bars on mine and engine bars,have mounted spot lights on The engine bars to give extra presence,i have the 2018 model which i think has the updated dct more rider modes and the gravel button,as to what that is iam still unsure🤔

No feet forward,underseat storage is very limited,i have a topbox on mine,usually ride with the screen on position 3,first chain driven bike for years bit of a pain chain oiling/cleaning (been a big burger rider for years)

I am due to change mine next year and will chop both bikes in for a new 560cc tmax,not doing the milage now to warrant two bikes.

Steve
What's the difference Steve between the 'step-through' height of the Xadv to the tmax?

Re: Honda x-adv 750

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:29 pm
by maxsymiser
Thanks all, seems a test ride is next step.