C400X SE

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

C400X SE

Post by Symcity »

Being a tad bored I’ve been perusing whats currently on sale on biketrader - a one year old beemer c400xSE with only a thousand miles covered for under five grand - using the bmw configurator this scooter with the added extras retails at £8475.00 - reckon it’s decent value at the price being asked

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: C400X SE

Post by MrGrumpy »

The devil makes (expensive) work for idle fingers!!! Whatever you do, don't go on ebay, you'll buy something ridiculous!
That does look a good deal though!

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

Did investigate these once,

Went to a local BMW dealer and checked them out and the GT version without the one eyed look

Cant say I was impressed and it reminded me of a washing a machine and not of very good quality.

Cant be many around though, so it would be something different

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

That looks really nice.....

But is it the one with ridiculous service costs....?
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

riders in the storm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:29 pm That looks really nice.....

But is it the one with ridiculous service costs....?
Well, the C650s have the insane service costs - no idea about how much this one costs, but the common belief is always that BMW stands for Bring More Money..........

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sorry, make that Bring More Wallet! Brain failing......

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

As an ex BMW car technician I have always been happy to entertain the idea of buying a two wheeler from them. Most times a trip to the dealer changed my mind quite quickly because I met an offhand reception as soon as I said I wanted to part exchange. I did once get as far as a road test from a much better dealer, I think it was an 850 twin in the 1990s. But the experience was underwhelming and dull with less ultimate performance than the Honda 500 twin I was riding at the time. I actually bought the big Suzuki Bandit, no lack of excitement there! Now I'm hoping to go electric and if BMW come up with a 150 mile range C Evolution I could be tempted.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

I had one while my Evo was being serviced . It seemed bland and slow , but heh not awful . I guess the Evo's acceleration takes some beating though

Fulhamfc
Current Ride: BMW C400 X

Post by Fulhamfc »

Hi bought one ex demo from park lane BMW london, they took my sym 300 as part ex, has rack and box,crash bars with led spots , keyless , fitted with top alarm, white and a fantastic ride , 20 plate 900 miles on the massive digital screen, sat nav , mobile phone connects, power outlets in keyless gloveboxs, heated grips and seat , plenty storage for my massive helmet and wets tad over 5k gave me 1k for 2016 sym, with all the extras well over 8 plus

happy me
atb
FFC

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

Sounds good, do you have any snaps yet?