C400X SE

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: C400X SE

Post by StephenC »

gardener wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:34 am ... i want to get rid of my Forza 300 first.Dealers offered me a price which is what the GFV value is on it in 14 months time. How do they work that out?
Eh? :? Is yours on a current PCP? If so, I wonder if the offer takes into account paying off the PCP loan?

Things are bit odd in the market, what with lots of people doing less mileage than they thought they would and the general supply shortage.

I'd be interested to know the details but I guess you may be understandably reluctant to say much more, so "no pressure".
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Deleted User 407

Post by Deleted User 407 »

Mine is the 2020 limted edition Forza 300 in air force grey.It has done 9000 miles since June 2020 which is high for a scooter i know but i was offered £3k on it in January when i had done 8000 miles on it.I thas been serviced and to be honest i only wanted to clear the pcp on it so was hoping for around £3600.
I saw one in a dealers online a 2020 model which had done 7800 miles and that was going for £4600.I know dealers have to make a profit as well for overheads but would rather it go to someone else privately.

Last time i sold an Africa twin to a dealer for 7k, three weeks later he had it up for 9k.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

gardener wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:18 pm Last time i sold an Africa twin to a dealer for 7k, three weeks later he had it up for 9k.
I'm always amazed by how much dealers mark up bikes.

I bought a beat-up Yamaha Vity in 2015 for £600 off Gumtree. I used it as a daily computer for 3 years putting around an additional 6k on the clock. When I part chopped it in for the Vespa in 2018 I thought I was being cheeky when I asked for £600 for it, but they offered me £500, which I was really pleased with.

So I had to pick my jaw off the floor when I saw on their forecourt the next week at £1250! I have no idea if they got that for it but I wish I'd had a go at selling it privately now.

I'd not really done anything to it in those 3 years either, other than service it properly (it was running a little rough when I bought it) and clean it up a little (nothing too fancy, just general TLC where it has been neglected in the past). It got me thinking I could try my hand flipping some old scoots!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

what you have to remember is a small dealers business can cost between 2-3 grand a month to run including wages bills ect, so mark up is high so they can make a profit at the end of it. If you knew the mark up on a new 3-piece suite or carpet I think most would be a bit shocked.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

There are also preparation costs to get it to showroom standard, fixing any obvious mechanical issues, something to allow for warranty costs (or costs of outside warranty company), advertising etc - it all adds up.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Yes, I say something similar to my wife when she moans about how much a glass of wine costs in a restaurant. You're not paying for the wine alone, I tell her!

Wombat
Current Ride: X Max 300

Post by Wombat »

My wife never complains about the cost of wine when we dine out, she never pays! I do!! :(

Deleted User 407

Post by Deleted User 407 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:04 am There are also preparation costs to get it to showroom standard, fixing any obvious mechanical issues, something to allow for warranty costs (or costs of outside warranty company), advertising etc - it all adds up.
i know dealers have to pay for things but for instance some dealers you walk into and you automatically think these are overstaffed. One dealer i saw the other day was offering cheaper labour rates, cheaper parts, cheaper oils, cheaper servicing for fast food delivery drivers.They dont offer cheaper labour rates for people out of work.If they can afford to offer these items cheaper for delivery drivers then they can offer cheaper rates for everyone, in that way they actually might get more customers coming through their door.
I rode down to another dealer in Surrey a few months back, 50 miles round trip.I spoke to the dealer about taking in my forza 300 part exchange.He said he would have to ask his boss about what he could give me for mine but as the boss was busy with the head of Honda uk motorcycles in the dealership at the time, he would ask him later and phone me.Guess what no call back, thanks Farnham motorcycles.
Honda Uk have also stopped their accessories offer for blue light workers and armed forces workers on motorcycles where you used to get free accessories dependent on what bike you ordered.The bike department must be doing okay now as they are still offering discounts on Honda cars.