Page 1 of 4
C400X SE
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:32 pm
by Symcity
Being a tad bored I’ve been perusing whats currently on sale on biketrader - a one year old beemer c400xSE with only a thousand miles covered for under five grand - using the bmw configurator this scooter with the added extras retails at £8475.00 - reckon it’s decent value at the price being asked

Re: C400X SE
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:50 pm
by MrGrumpy
The devil makes (expensive) work for idle fingers!!! Whatever you do, don't go on ebay, you'll buy something ridiculous!
That does look a good deal though!
Re: C400X SE
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:28 pm
by Scootalli
Did investigate these once,
Went to a local BMW dealer and checked them out and the GT version without the one eyed look
Cant say I was impressed and it reminded me of a washing a machine and not of very good quality.
Cant be many around though, so it would be something different
Re: C400X SE
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:29 pm
by riders in the storm
That looks really nice.....
But is it the one with ridiculous service costs....?
Re: C400X SE
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm
by MrGrumpy
riders in the storm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:29 pm
That looks really nice.....
But is it the one with ridiculous service costs....?
Well, the C650s have the insane service costs - no idea about how much this one costs, but the common belief is always that BMW stands for Bring More Money..........
Re: C400X SE
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:24 pm
by MrGrumpy
Sorry, make that Bring More Wallet! Brain failing......
Re: C400X SE
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:53 am
by roadster
As an ex BMW car technician I have always been happy to entertain the idea of buying a two wheeler from them. Most times a trip to the dealer changed my mind quite quickly because I met an offhand reception as soon as I said I wanted to part exchange. I did once get as far as a road test from a much better dealer, I think it was an 850 twin in the 1990s. But the experience was underwhelming and dull with less ultimate performance than the Honda 500 twin I was riding at the time. I actually bought the big Suzuki Bandit, no lack of excitement there! Now I'm hoping to go electric and if BMW come up with a 150 mile range C Evolution I could be tempted.
Re: C400X SE
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:54 am
by tmaxrobbo
I had one while my Evo was being serviced . It seemed bland and slow , but heh not awful . I guess the Evo's acceleration takes some beating though
Re: C400X SE
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:33 pm
by Fulhamfc
Hi bought one ex demo from park lane BMW london, they took my sym 300 as part ex, has rack and box,crash bars with led spots , keyless , fitted with top alarm, white and a fantastic ride , 20 plate 900 miles on the massive digital screen, sat nav , mobile phone connects, power outlets in keyless gloveboxs, heated grips and seat , plenty storage for my massive helmet and wets tad over 5k gave me 1k for 2016 sym, with all the extras well over 8 plus
happy me
atb
FFC
Re: C400X SE
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:56 pm
by OneFootInTheGravy
Sounds good, do you have any snaps yet?