CX650

Chat about any motorbike here.
Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Re: CX650

Post by Jimo »

Jimo wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 pm
Capt. R Swipe wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:57 pm I'm often looking for lovely condition CX500 but get cold feet with a purchase.
Ah, I can't recall which CXs were turbo'd. Yours is an E then, I don't remember the 650 in those days Jim. The VT followed soon after with the Revere nd NTV.
If you found a Turbo Cptn it’ll be expensive, just seen one on the Bay- asking price £20,000 - you’re better off without Turbo.

Perhaps this would suit you, - a very smart bike!
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-detai ... n=at_bikes

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Drifting off topic a bit, but I just thought it might be useful re: the DVLA Delays and Covid 19.
Coming up to 70 and I applied online for my new driving license. I applied on Friday last and just recieved it this Thursday. Maybe they're working over the weekends to catch up. I thought it was quite impressive. :) So probably not the reason for your waiting so long Jimo.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I guess that DVLA applications that don't have any issues will be done automatically by their antiquated IT systems, so not affected by Covid. However, I bet if there was anything complex it might take months.

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

—- or even YEARS (two to date) to issue Two V5c’s for my wife’s and my Mobility Scooters that are sorely needed and in use regardless as neither of us can walk any distance without collapsing!

Jim

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

The CX650 has been kicked into touch......Delays by DVLA to complete and return documents to the seller - over a 3 month period have made me suspicious regarding the whole business and the e Bay seller (mulroy) so have put a stop to it all.

Jim

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

The lovely looking CX 650E has been kicked into touch! Months of waiting for the reg docs to be cleared and returned by DVLA to the Seller have not materialised so methinks something is dodgy, there’s always another..... if and when I sell my ‘52 Sunbeam S8 which could be anytime soon as I sort incoming enquiries.

Meanwhile having boned up on a particular CX 650 problem - shortcomings of the CX500 starter motor failing to start a CX650 having higher compression, I’ve appropriately modified a CX500 starter motor’s internal circuit to enable it to provide much greater power output;
This unit has been tested, works well and is available to anyone having the need, just PM me for more details.
Of course the unit fits both the CX500 and CX650 as well as several other Honda variants.

Jim

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well - you may be doing the seller a disservice, as DVLA are in total chaos at the moment (Covid being a good excuse for bad service). Anything that is not automated is taking months or years to do. I was just reading in the local paper about a guy who's been waiting 6 months to get his driving licence back after a medical issue - all paper work in order, all hoops jumped through, but DVLA just haven't issued the licence. Its impossible to get through on the phone - they are always too busy to even put people in queue, and there is no publicly accessible e-mail. So, your seller may be afflicted by the same issue.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Reference the DVLA delays regarding re-issuing a licence to someone who has had medical issues. It's rarely the DVLA that is holding up the process. It's usually the medical side that causes the delays. Verification by GP's, hospital consultants, secretaries etc etc. With regard to DVLA V5's, if there's a delay, it can be for any number of reasons, but is often not the fault of DVLA. So keep on at them to find out what the issue is.

Regarding driving licences. My wife had a serious brain condition a couple of years ago requiring two brain operations. She was hospitalised for weeks and weeks. She was automatically banned from driving after her release from hospital for a small period of time. She had to notify DVLA of course, and it meant filling in a few forms online. Fortunately, her consultant and her GP responded quickly to the requests from DVLA for verification of her health and she very quickly got her licence back in less than a month after her request for her licence. My wife's new friend she met in hospital had an even more complex brain operation than my wife, and although it was all very successful for her, she had to wait several months for her licence to be re-issued due to letters from GP's and consultants going astray. And of course, some medical conditions require a set period of time before you can even reapply for your licence, although that was not the case with my wifes friend.

I don't know if anyone has tried to phone them at the moment if you have an issue. Normally they are very helpful and I've never encounter any issues. The online help is very good too. I act as a medical and legal advocate for clients who are not able to help themselves due to accidents or medical issues. As a result I've had to contact DVLA quite often to deal with driving licence issues, although not this year so far. Always had lots of help and courtesy from them and rarely any delays cause by DVLA internal procedures.

If anyone does have an issue I'd urge you to contact DVLA by email or phone and let them know exactly what the issue is. Often they will be able to tell you what the hold up is straight away. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The story I read in the paper was that the guy had tried to ring DVLA several hundred times, but got a 'we're too busy' message every time.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

They are having on and off strike action over the number of in-office COVID infections.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should