Forza 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Forza 750

Post by bikerdezzie »

Newcastle Honda just got one in today in black if anyone is interested.
Dezzie

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Re: Forza 750

Post by Scootalli »

Have seen a real world review on you tube and I have to say I dont like it...

Engine will be good, but:

Non adjustable screen
Chain drive
Limited storage
Ugly rear view
Ugly front view
Ugly cockpit view

I dont think it has a lot going for it personally...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

I'm sure it's very good for what it is. But what it isn't, is a Forza.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

"Have seen a real world review on you tube and I have to say I dont like it..."

agree. lacking in many ways. they did not hit the right marks.
design is subjective. but little storage and no extension for the legs and way too small of a body. especially rear seat/storage being so small. payng for so much and getting little in return. id just go for a full motorcycle at that level. its not here nor there. 54hp is weak for 750cc the gp800 has 75 hp and can be overhauled for more. and they both have little underseat storage so whats the point. id even take a 650 vstron with 70hp. and just get a big top box

" I dont think it has a lot going for it personally..."

agree. its too small and adv with pointier front and back. nothing else.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well....far be it from me to defend Honda, but the criticism seems a little harsh. You can, I believe, fit a full face helmet under the seat. OK, you'd like more, but its enough. I would end up buying a topbox anyway to store jacket when away from the bike. Looks are subjective - in the video Dezzie posted, it looked so Tmax like it wasn't true. Those leg shields look rather stuck on, but I'm not that bothered how it looks so much as how it goes. Chain drive?? A tricky one - not really a fan, but one of the advantages of the Forza/X-ADV/NC750X is that there are no stupid rubber bands to replace!!!
The engine is what the engine is - Honda designed it that way. I don't like its style, but some people get used to it. 57bhp on the latest version rather than 54 I think. Its torquey rather than revvy, which is probably why I wasn't so keen on it, but its efficient, and it is significantly faster than a Tmax, even if feels slow and ponderous.
With the non-existence of any Kymco dealers and very distant Yamaha dealers in my area, I may have to consider a Forza 750 in the future, but its the sort of scoot you'd buy with your head rather than your heart...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Good points as ever, Grumpy but I stand by my opinion that it really isn't a Forza. As a Tmax competitor (or dare I say, a step up?) I guess it works, but not as a step up from the Forza 300/350 as it lacks the key features that makes these such good commuters.

I imagine they just want to jump on the name to generate more sales than it did as whatever it was called before.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Interesting bike. Not sure it would be for me. I'm more into the smaller bikes these days. But it's a Honda and will no doubt be bullet proof and pretty good to ride.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:34 am Good points as ever, Grumpy but I stand by my opinion that it really isn't a Forza. As a Tmax competitor (or dare I say, a step up?) I guess it works, but not as a step up from the Forza 300/350 as it lacks the key features that makes these such good commuters.

I imagine they just want to jump on the name to generate more sales than it did as whatever it was called before.
What's in a name? Yes, a fairly pathetic attempt to hitch onto the success of the smaller Forzas - one can only assume that the Integra didn't have any street cred, despite there being a fast Honda car of the same name! Its quite tricky to distinguish later Integras from this Forza, as the very last Integras had the same chassis as the X-ADV with improved luggage space.

blackmoon181
Current Ride: SH300i + NC750x

Post by blackmoon181 »

as someone who has been commuting on the 300cc class of scoots for best part of a decade and having only recently embraced the honda NC750x this interests me. For my commute 80% at 70-75mph 13k a year , the small maxis need a bunch of maintenance which soon adds up. whilst the NC needs maintained aswell, it has been much less. i much prefer the weight of the small maxis in town riding though and miss the lack of weather protection. you get funny looks not being a powerranger if you want to nip out for lunch on the NC. unlike rome! all i've said though is head comments not heart! maybe its time to stop moaning and get that vespa gts hpe...

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Chain drive is my preference these days, and I like the way it looks. 8-)

The feature that grinds my gears is the same as on many bikes, exposed fork tubes! :x