Forza 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Forza 750

Post by Stephen »

Thats good Charles,an hours wait is ok to cope with ,no doubt the dealer has a drinks machine and a browse at accessories/bikes will help to pass 5he time.How are you getting on with the Forza,have you had a DCT bike previously,i find it greatly improved,although at first i thought i may need to improve the screen with an aftermarket Givi,no buffeting,but a bit noisy at motorway speeds,although i only use the motorways if i really need to,the seat is comfortable and if i need to i have my air hawk for longer trips,i can still have both feet on the ground with that on,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

As the weather's been foul since I got it 3 weeks ago its only done 40 miles!! And the other issue is.. the nt1100 dct...tempted!!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

charles1976 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:09 am As the weather's been foul since I got it 3 weeks ago its only done 40 miles!! And the other issue is.. the nt1100 dct...tempted!!!
But what does it actually offer more than a Forza in reality, apart from going faster? Its got panniers, but they won't take a helmet, so it's less practical than the Forza. It even sounds the same as the Forza but drinks a lot more fuel! I'm sure the NT is a decent bike, but it seems to me to be not quite a tourer, but not quite a sports-tourer either, though on the other hand, if you don't want the weight, complexity and sheer expense of a full dress tourer, then maybe the NT makes sense! But I think the Forza is more pratical and probably more comfortable, and goes every bit as fast as you are likely to want to go, and is something like £2500 cheaper!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I get where your coming from Mrgrumpy, but if Charles is anything like me, once the NC1100 demons are in his head,, one being in the garage is going to happen!! :lol: :lol:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Your both right!!!! We'll see.....

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Just been to collect the Forza,the wiring harness didn’t need replacement as the offending wire wasn’t pinched,but Honda instructed dealers to secure the wire(error during assembly on somebatch models)its really only a cable tie fix,but Honda says one of their “clips” need to used at a cost of 50pence👀 2 week wait for that clip🤬

Anyway had a loan bike CB500 which has inspired my love of maxi scooters even more,22 miles to my dealer,no heated grips,i had a decent pair of gloves on and my hands were blooming cold,no screen,i used the M1 for one junction as it was easier,buffeting was horrible,no fairing,legs were cold despite two pairs of thermals and my Draggin jeans,a pleasure to get on the Forza,hands nice and warm on the return journey,no faffing about with the clutch and gears either😎

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

To be fair, a CB500 isn't the 1st bike you'd pick for a winter journey! If it was baking hot in the summer, you'd probably be welcoming the coolling breeze!

This is the trouble with the declining number of dealerships - a 50 mile ride to a dealer might be doable in the summer (if your problem isn't too great), but doing so in the winter might be very difficult or even painful!

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

My particular CB500 was from their learner fleet on a 19,as you say,not a winter bike really,had a quick look around while drinking my free hot drink,they have about 10 bikes all on 22 plates ready to ready for March 1st,bikes allhave customers names on the sests so are obviously all sold,nice to see 2 Forza 750’s in the blue colour amongst them,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Wonder what my 21 plate forza with 40 miles on is worth....tempted to but a nt1100 dct

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

charles1976 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:11 pm Wonder what my 21 plate forza with 40 miles on is worth....tempted to buy a nt1100 dct