Suzuki an400 burgman K9 - funny noise

MIT

Re: Suzuki an400 burgman K9 - funny noise

Post by MIT »

How strange, jumped on the bike today and its running fine. Not sure whats going on now but keen to get the first service done as soon as possible.

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

Don't let the dealer fob you off with "They all do that sir....."
Get them to investigate it.
You might be lumbered with a hefty bill if the clutch goes once it has run out of warranty :(
If they do convince you that the bike is fine, make sure that they record all the details

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

runragged2
Current Ride: AN400 K9

Post by runragged2 »

runragged2 wrote:How strange, my Burgman AN400 K9 has started to judder on take off from standing yesterday.
The judder is quiet severe.
2000 miles on the clock. IDavid P
An update - returned from dealer today - the engineer, reports that a accumulation of clutch dust was the cause. He has cleaned it and I wlll be testing it this evening.

runragged2

Post by runragged2 »

Well, the engineer at the dealership said he cleaned the dust from the drum and shoes, and tonight's test ride would indicate that this has resolved the issue.

I would imagine that the initial running in period would create more dust than normal running, so fingers crossed.

Cleaning this is part of the normal service schedule, so hopefully we will be OK now.

David P

Thanks to Arnolds Motorcycles of Loughborough for resolving this so quickly.

Maxman
Benefactor
Current Ride: XJ6s Diversion + X-Max 250 ABS

Post by Maxman »

runragged2 wrote:Well, the engineer at the dealership said he cleaned the dust from the drum and shoes,
Cleaning this is part of the normal service schedule,
Not in my service book schedule.
What is in the schedule is to clean the CVT air filter every 1800 miles, but that's just a 5 min (inc tea break) diy task.

MIT

Post by MIT »

Did the Service yesterday afternoon and the juddering has all but stopped. Looks like its done the trick!!!!

runragged2

Post by runragged2 »

Sorry, - the cleaning of the drum is not in the Suzuki service list, it is something the guy at the dealership usually does when servicing such vehicles.

I guess he learn't from exeperience.

David P

Siouxie sioux

Post by Siouxie sioux »

Mine is a K7 model (early serial number(was Norms) and have gradually had mine get noisier on take off, together with juddering. Dealer got Suzuki in and they authorised new transmission. (New clutch, Clutch drum and Rollers etc.)
Got it back last Saturday after a week away and feels nice and fresh, with no problems.
Work done at 8000 miles, though problems started about 5-6000 miles and got gradually worse.

MIT

Post by MIT »

I think I spoke too soon. The juddering I can feel is slowly creeping back in. Riding in today to work, towards the end of my 13 mile journey the noises were coming back. Looks like the service has not quite done the trick. Will see how it goes on the ride back.

How easy is it to clean the drum?

Kneller Boy

Post by Kneller Boy »

I bought a new AN400 K9, and put it on the road, on the 1st. September. I've done 1,200 miles, so far, and already, it's started juddering on take-off. Especially, if I haven't ridden it, for a few days. (due to monsoon). It's also cut out on me, twice, when I was turning, left. And I don't think I'm getting, that good a mpg out of it, either. Yet I bought it, because of the press recommendations.
My problem is, if I have to take it back to where I bought it from, and leave it there, I've got to catch a bus, to the station, then three trains, a ferry, and another bus, to get home. Then the same, in reverse, to pick it up, again, when it's mended.....What Joy.