Gen 2 vs Gen 3

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Gaffa22
Current Ride: Kawasaki H2 SX SE+

Gen 2 vs Gen 3

Post by Gaffa22 »

Hi
Looking for feedback on the differences between a Gen 2 2015 and Gen 3 2018

I’ve been looking at what’s available and the prices don’t seem to vary a lot, so don’t know whether to get a 2018 model with super low mileage at approx £4300 or an earlier model with higher mileage at approx £3700.
I have read up on the specifications differences but how do they compare in the real world.

The bike would get used for some 2 up riding both here and in Europe, I did consider the 650 but due to having to load in and out of a trailer I prefer the lighter 400.

They do look a very practical mode of transport and I love the storage, so easy to store helmets and jackets with an added top box.

Deleted User 18446

Re: Gen 2 vs Gen 3

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

The newer one bit more compact higher seat and sporty bit less storage than older one .Engine basically same bigger front wheel on newer one .

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Whatever model you choose it'll be fine. Definitely the newer ones are lighter. My 2nd gen executive 400 was 225kg's. Weighty! Engines are bullet proof & economical. Personally I prefer the gen 2 bikes because of more power & much better luggage space.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

PhilD
Current Ride: 2020 Burgman 400Z

Post by PhilD »

Hi,
I had a 2015 400, and found it a little unstable at slow speeds. If you sat forward on the seat to allow for a reasonable sized passenger, it became worse.
Having upgraded? to the 2020 400, it is much more stable at low speeds, almost to the point of me being able to balance whilst not moving. (I never came close with the old bike).
There is less storage space as the bike has been on a diet, arse wise, but everything else is virtually the same.
I fitted a Givi top box, backrest and extra brake light conversion, with oem heated grips.
A much better bike.

Gaffa22

Post by Gaffa22 »

I bought the gen 3 a 2018 model low mileage at 1400.
Have added a 52 Litre top box as wanted the extra storage space, it’s a fun practical bike but certainly a different ride to what I’m used to, but still have my Kawasaki H2 SX if I want a mad blast.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Can’t comment on the 3 gen but mine is superb except the weight. It’s a lumpy bugger. However that’s only when manoeuvring in the driveway and tight spaces. On the road it’s great. Have used mine for 2 up and it works fine. No real loss of performance due to extra pillion weight and with a Givi Maxia there’s more than enough storage for 2 people. I’m sure you’ll be fine with either.

Gaffa22

Post by Gaffa22 »

I’m not bothered about the weight my Kwak is much heavier, plus I’m a big strong lad 😀