SH 350i bits n bobs

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 18446

Re: SH 350i bits n bobs

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

So it's basically costing the £3800 you have already paid plus £2049 to swop .I thought I was being reckless buying an entry from giveaway guys on an xmax 400 .£4 I'll never see again 😪

Flyingpanman
Current Ride: Honda SH350i

Post by Flyingpanman »

Previously in this thread, the rear suspension of the SH350i has been criticised. I would like to point out that the rear shocks are listed on bike-parts-honda.com as Showa units.

I recently exchanged my 2016 red SH300i for a gloss white 2021 SH350i with 4k miles on it.

I am a long-legged 6'3" solo rider and overweight at 118Kg but found the suspension very good. I have them on the 2nd lowest setting and use an "Airhawk" style cushion on the seat (cheap inflatable off eBay). I have a bad left hip and knee yet have ridden over 200 "B" road miles in a day without any real discomfort.

I also fitted the OEM screen and knuckle guards. I found the screen 3 cm. too high, so cut that amount off the top and it's just right for me to look over. On my previous SH300i, I cut too much off and it was very noisy :oops: I cured it with a *37cm wide* deflector clamped to the top of the screen... again, cheap on eBay.

So far, two things I don't like. Firstly, the headlight. It's aimed far too low... I don't dazzle oncoming cars even on full beam! (I know -maybe it's my weight ;) ) A nightmare to ride on totally dark country roads. I found the beam adjuster but it's impossible to get to without either a special tool or removing the front wheel and mudguard. Bad one Honda :roll: .

Secondly, the noise. I've heard some people say it's the exhaust but, leaning to my right while riding, no change. Leaning to my left and it's coming from that side. One owner took his bike to Honda and they said it was normal for the model. They said it was to do with the heavy duty rollers in the variator?

Maybe Dr Pulley sliders might be an answer.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Well, as far as bits n bobs for the SH since my last post - I've added rock straps which I keep under the seat. I still haven't bought a front mudguard extender - I gave up looking and forgot about it.

I was thinking about the suspension today riding home between showers. I can see why people complain as it can be a little harsh on rough roads but I haven't let this bother me. Speed bumps and potholes need to be navigated with less speed (!) and the bike rides beautifully.

I am still astounded by the smoothness of the ride, with no buzziness through the pegs, footboard, bars nor the seat. The SH350 is a supremely vibration-free ride and very cosetting on any journey.

I haven't bothered with a screen at all - I don't fancy a tall one and can live without the wind noise from a smaller screen, prefering instead, the smoother air flow with my head in the wind.

I may consider rear springs if i can find them and perhaps that mudgaurd extender now.

blunderground
Current Ride: Honda SH350i

Post by blunderground »

I recently bought an SH 350 and I know what you mean about the rear suspension. I was nearly catapulted out my seat one afternoon on a country lane in Surrey. I found adjusting the rear shocks to the softest setting worked a treat.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

blunderground wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:13 pm I recently bought an SH 350 and I know what you mean about the rear suspension. I was nearly catapulted out my seat one afternoon on a country lane in Surrey. I found adjusting the rear shocks to the softest setting worked a treat.
I haven't bothered adjusting my rear springs Blunder, I ride around the shortcomings metaphorically and literally i.e. slowdown and avoid the potholes! The scoot is great for commuting and travel.