Do you have an opinion on Hi-vis clothing or accessories

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Du PontChardon
Current Ride: SYM Joyride 200i EVO

Re: Do you have an opinion on Hi-vis clothing or accessories

Post by Du PontChardon »

Yes, Mr Grumpy a very brief two-tone sounding from the lead-bike, then silence all-round. Perhaps they were all taking the scenic route to Barnard Castle for a pre-Christmas eyesight test! You can be sure, that should there be a Xmas party somewhere local, Boris and the boarding-school boys would deny all knowledge of it of course...so perhaps today was just a dream!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

You could have breached the Official Secrets Act by reporting it, so you may 'disappear' before long!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Du PontChardon wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:19 am You can be sure, that should there be a Xmas party somewhere local, Boris and the boarding-school boys would deny all knowledge of it of course...so perhaps today was just a dream!
Eton Mess, perhaps? ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Convoys like that are usually for a Cabinet level minister or a senior Royal and they move like that for threat reduction purposes.

A word of warning - if you don't do what the Black Rats tell you, they can and mostly like will get very aggressive. If that happens, then you really need to comply ASAP - you do NOT want to be flagged as a potential threat to their VVIP/VIP.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

RobiXmax
Current Ride: Yamaha XMax 300

Post by RobiXmax »

I do agree that the total hi Viz outfit doesn't look the best but have always had some hi Viz in my clothing since being advised to when I took my IAM. My current jacket is black and grey textile touring style but I now wear a hi Viz helmet (Bell) having seen a few other guys on the road wearing them. It also the benefit of extra height over a jacket. On a dull winter day, a hi Viz helmet can be seen a long way down the road. But as others have said, take nothing for granted, and ride defensively.