BMW CE 04 review

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
abitmad

BMW CE 04 review

Post by abitmad »

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: BMW CE 04 review

Post by StephenC »

It may have its good points but I couldn't honestly park and walk away from it in public without wearing a Judge Dredd uniform and waving the Lawgiver in the direction of anyone sniggering.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 am It may have its good points but I couldn't honestly park and walk away from it in public without wearing a Judge Dredd uniform and waving the Lawgiver in the direction of anyone sniggering.
I think I could quite happily park it and walk away from it!! And not look back!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Yet, I like it! It's how more electric bikes of all kinds are probably going to look quite soon. Ok so the styling isn't for everyone, but it's practical I suspect. Electric opens up many styling & design possibilities.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Christ, I’d rather have a Harley. And that’s not saying much.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I can't say I like the design but I am interested in the information about speed and range.
A review I read said that the scooter has a top speed of around 75 miles per hour and a range of around 80 miles.
My NIU scooter has a top speed of 45 miles per hour and a range approaching 100 miles.
What is clear though, is that if I were to ride flat out until the batteries were flat I shouldn't have covered anywhere near 100 miles.
The maximum distance is covered using the most economical of the three settings which restricts the speed to 13 miles per hour.
I suspect that the BMW suffers a similar relationship between range and speed.

Incidentally, I have ridden almost 1800 miles now on the NIU and still love it. :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

To be honest, the range and performance are good enough for my commuting needs (currently on a Forza 300). But I think it would have to be something less radical-looking and half the price would get me interested in making the switch to electrickery.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Those bikes are coming Stephen. According to a couple of industry techie ex-colleagues, it's highly probable that in 2-3 yrs bikes with an 80mph top speed and a range of around 150 miles will be appearing using enhanced battery technology. Shortly after that bikes with even faster speeds and much higher ranges will be on sale. The other good thing will be the incredibly fast charging times. Even new sodium-ion batteries will fully charge in the time range of 15-30 mins depending on size. Then in around 4-5yrs from now charging times will be counted in just 2 to 8 minutes, again depending on size. Quite excited!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

If I had that sort of cash I'd be tempted, I get it's not for everyone but I quite like the styling. One thing I noticed in the comments on youtube, how do you lock it? If you can't put a chain through the wheels I'd never want to leave while I nipped in the shops!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

OneFootInTheGravy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:38 am If I had that sort of cash I'd be tempted, I get it's not for everyone but I quite like the styling. One thing I noticed in the comments on youtube, how do you lock it? If you can't put a chain through the wheels I'd never want to leave while I nipped in the shops!
That's a good point! Though the cynic in me says that no-one would want to nick it anyway! :lol: Maybe it has some sort of electronic look that means it can't be wheeled away, in a roughly similar way to the Tmax's centrestand locking mechanism.